024. softly

CHAPTER 24
IU / THE SHOWER (press play!)

eunseo forgot what it felt like to not wake up alone. it felt . . . nice, warm. she missed that feeling. having someone lie beside her, and knowing that they're not just going to up and leave. she had been away from that feeling for so long.

10 am was quiet.

jungkook had already waken up before eunseo did and he found himself on his side, fixing his gaze on the sleeping face. almost like a child, her whole body was at peace. eyelids shut against the light peeking between the curtains and her breathing deep, steady. her dainty fingers limp on the pillow alongside her delicate face. a strand of hair fell across her cheek, and he didn't hesitate to reach over. his hand gently swept the hair from her face and tucked it behind her ear, revealing eunseo's most innocent form — and jungkook craved to see it every morning.

with the may sun bathing her skin, eunseo shuffled onto her back and turned her head to the left. she opened her eyes, then threatened to close them again after being greeted by the sun's vibrant rays, its gold sheen dim across the whole room. she blinked once and let her eyes adjust to the light peeking between the curtains. her tiny hand lifted to cover the sun, closing one eye to peer at it just for a moment. she turned to her right, and almost immediately a small, tired smile appeared on her lips as her eyes met jungkook's.

"morning." eunseo completely flipped onto her side, as did he.

"i didn't wake you, did i?"

she shook her head. "no."

"good."

eunseo lifted her head from her pillow and sat up, crossing her legs. she ran her fingers through her hair and watched as jungkook got up as well, but sprawled back down in front of her to lean on his side and prop his head on his hand. he adjusted himself a little, and looked right up at her. eunseo glanced back down, only to see a smiling jungkook, making her smile just as big. she laughed, "what?"

"what?"

"why are you looking at me like that?"

he shrugged. "because."

she laughed again, this time a bit softer, and lay beside him, her hands on her stomach and her eyes up at the ceiling. he rolled onto his back alongside her, their legs dangling off the bed, but jungkook's dangling a little bit more than eunseo's shorter ones. and they remained like that — in silence, no words. they didn't have to speak, at least verbally, because they already spoke with their hearts.

that spring morning was almost peculiar to the two of them. eunseo felt effervescent as she admired the beautiful boy beside her, yet melancholy at the very same time, for she was afraid. she enjoyed that morning, despite it being peculiar. it was peaceful. they were peaceful.

but it was all interrupted when the sound of jungkook's ringtone went off, causing him to immediately take it from the bedside table and answer it. eunseo felt sad. she knew that he had to leave soon and that was the last thing that she wanted — she didn't know when they would see each other again. but she was understanding, almost readied herself to say goodbye.

"i have a music broadcast today."

she sat up, nodded, and watched him gather all of his things. "be sure to watch it tonight, okay?" she nodded again. her eyes followed his feet as he went towards the door, until he stopped.

"i'll see you in busan, 'seo."

a/n: it's been a long time comin .... but i'm here now

Y'ALL this was supposed to be up in february for the 1 year anniversary but it's july now, so ... yikes but anyway i've missed you guys and again, i'm sorry for not updating in 6 months :( i was on hiatus for a while but ya girl is back