030. you

CHAPTER 30
THE STRAY / SOMETHING TO TELL YOU

EUNSEO: come over?

EUNSEO: i just want to see you

[+]

"here."

a small bouquet of roses were held in front of jungkook's face, the vibrancy of it's petals contrasting with the darkness under his eyes.

his hand was taken under a firm grasp and forced to accept the flowers before eunseo muttered, "for your coming of age."

a "thanks for coming" was said under her breath before she sat the boy down on her bed. jungkook was still as stoic as ever. eunseo could tell; he still hadn't recovered from the other day and she felt reluctant letting him sit at the very place that he caught her with jimin. but it was the last day. the last day that they would see each other in norway and the last day that they would see each other in a while.

eunseo's hotel room was enveloped in this silence, stillness — a stillness that jungkook was much acquainted with, one that reminded him of the stillness that engulfed the dorm the day before. he couldn't help but relive every moment. he knew eunseo didn't mean for it to happen. he knew that it wasn't her fault that jimin felt the way that he did. he knew that it wasn't her fault that he, himself, felt the way that he did. he knew it wasn't her fault, but he still blamed it all on her. he was angry, and upset, and confused, and it was all for her. he was all hers. everything was hers and she was oblivious, so all jungkook could do was blame everything on her.

"i'm sorry, jungkook."

that stillness was suddenly broken. and jungkook was almost thankful.

"i'm really sorry. i don't know what else to do except say that i'm sorry." eunseo paused, expecting the same "i know"s she heard the other day and reluctantly looking up at him, before continuing on.

"i care about you, jungkook. i really do. i know you might not think it but i do. all of those times that i spent with jimin — that time at my apartment, the beach house, everything, jungkook, my thoughts were only of you. i– i like you, jungkook. i might even—" he could tell that she was hesitating. "i don't even know. i don't even know if this is what love is. i'm just so used to the usual spending the night and saying goodbye in the morning, with no feelings at all, and i don't know, i don't — sorry, you're probably sick of me—"

her hands were reaching up to cover her face until one was grabbed by the wrist, then enveloped in this warmth. eunseo looked up at jungkook for a second, before she was pulled into him, and that warmth that wrapped around her hand was suddenly blanketed over her whole body, and she just sunk.

"i'm sorry." her voice broken, muffled into his neck. eunseo clung onto jungkook like her life depended on it; like she was deprived of it. she just wanted that feeling, needed that feeling, for so long.

"stop saying sorry." jungkook brushed his hand into her hair, caressing eunseo with such gentleness. "why are you crying?"

"i don't know. maybe because i needed this so much."

eunseo stayed in his arms for what felt like an eternity. and eunseo didn't mind — she didn't mind spending an eternity in his arms, forever enveloped in the comfort of his warmth like a soft blanket just out of the dryer on a winter night. he made her warm, and her cold hands against his body felt so bittersweet. she felt happy inside, but at the same time she felt like crying, weeping. in her head she repeated "i'm sorry, i'm so sorry" over and over, and her face being in his neck suddenly deprived her of the strength she needed to say it out loud.

she felt so many emotions at once. it all confused her, she didn't know how to define it all. but the only thing that was certain was that she cared about jungkook. she liked him. she really, really liked him. and she didn't know how to express that to him. but jungkook could feel it — he could feel something inside of her, even though she couldn't put it to words, and even though he couldn't either.

"happy coming of age." jungkook muttered softly, so tender, so sweet.

eunseo lifted her head and looked up at his light grin. she saw that the darkness under his eyes were no longer there, and were instead replaced by the vivid color of his cheeks, and a hint of golden peeking from his skin. "happy coming of age to you, too." a smile was kept to herself, quickly overwhelmed by her arms sneaking out from under his and swaddling his body in a tight squeeze.

her chin rested on his shoulder, her body wrapped around his. jungkook's face was in her hair, and he let out a deep breath. almost in relief. almost in a way that said, i'm home. this time his warmth could feel hers. and jungkook cherished it; he wrapped his arms around her waist and held her as if both of their lives depended on it. he didn't want to let her go, ever.

"what did you wish for?" eunseo felt jungkook tilt his head to the side as he hummed in thought. and before he could even reply, eunseo advanced, "other than bangtan."

he laughed at her and hummed again, this time quieter and in her ear, and his hands rubbing the back of her head.

"you."

a/n: hi guys! i'm back again
i wanted to apologize (again, for the millionth time;;;) for not updating for a literal year ....
i'm sorry that this chapter was kind of short, hopefully you guys enjoyed it anyway :-)
i missed you guys a lot T.T