027. tears

JIMIN 지민
10CM / REBIRTH (press play!)

the morning didn't feel any better than the night before.

eunseo was having trouble sleeping that night — and i knew that because i had trouble sleeping too.

instead of hearing the sound of birds outside the window, i woke up to the sound of silent sobbing and quiet breaths. when i opened my eyes against the light beaming through the curtains, i caught her sitting on the edge of the other side of the bed. i could only look at her as she cried against her palms. somehow it gave me the desire to cry, as well, but an overwhelming feeling of sadness enveloped me instead.

the both of us were running on little to no sleep and i could see how that took a toll on her. i didn't recall her crying throughout the night, or maybe she was just careful on not letting out any noise.

"eunseo," i muttered out.

she quickly wiped her tears before turning around to face me. "huh?"

"why are you crying?"

she wiped her face a second time before answering again. "i'm not."

i looked at her, and i was still able to see the tears welled up in her glossy eyes. i couldn't help but to shoot her an apologetic look, only because i didn't know what to say to her. i had already done enough by staying with her that night, but i didn't want to return to the dorm and face another who i had disappointed.

when eunseo looked down, a tear had escaped and fell to her cheek. before i could allow her to try and hide the fact, i quickly sat myself up and reached over to wipe it away with the pad of my thumb. i laid myself down again and reached my arm out to almost whisper, "come here."

that was when she broke. she was bawling then, when she laid back down and pulled herself into my embrace. her quiet breaths became gulps of air, and her tears fell against my shirt instead of her cheeks. i took my free hand to brush her hair out of her eyes and run my finger against her cheek.

she didn't have to tell me why she was crying. after having her so close to me, physically, i almost felt what she was feeling; i felt her confusion and her defeat. i could feel her slipping away but that moment i felt closer to her than i ever had.

i felt her frustration towards me, towards herself, and towards how everything had played out. i felt how hurt she was for jungkook. i held her in my arms for not only her comfort, but for mine as well. i was disappointed in myself. for letting my feelings get the best of me.

"it's okay to cry, eunseo." i mumbled, allowing a teardrop to fall from my eyes.