Mafia man (2)

Alexia's POV

I didn't get much sleep that night. And for once, it wasn't because of the uncomfortableness of the couch.

Thoughts were swimming through my head and scenarios we up there as well. Bad things could happen if my dad didn't lay this off, and I knew we didn't have the kind of money.

I never considered us as poor but I was well aware we weren't rich.

I kept tossing and turning on the couch and finally I found myself drifting off into sleep.

But it felt as if the moment I fell asleep, I was awaken by the kind knocking at the door and sunlight streaming through the window.

"Lex-"

"On it!" I called to my father's groggy voice and swung myself off the couch. I walked to the door and looked through the peephole. I felt my heartbeat quicken at the very intimidating, very handsome man standing there.

I got off my tippy toes and opened the door. The guy didn't even make eye contact, just look behind me the minute I opened the door.

I turned my head to see my dad standing there with wide eyes.

Everything seemed to click in my brain. This was the Mafia man, the one my dad owed money to.

"Lex, I think it's best if you wait in your mother and I's room." My father said shakily and for the first time, the Mafia man looked at me and I swear I saw the scary look on his face disappear as he looked at me. A knot formed in my stomach and I stumbled backwards, heading towards my parent's room.

"No, stay here bella ragazza." Mafia man said with a tiny hint of Italian in his voice, hence the Italian language.

I instantly recognized that he had called me 'beautiful girl' and I blushed, stopping mid step.

"Don't talk to my daughter, Jackson. This is between you and me." My father threatened Mafia Man, who I just learned was Jackson.

"Your debt shall be paid through her." Jackson said without hesitation.

I didn't understand what that meant but I did see my father instantaneously get beyond pissed at Jackson.

"I am not giving you my daughter!" My father said through clenched teeth and fear clouded my mind. That's what Jackson had meant by what he said.

"Then I kill you instead." Jackson said angrily. "Either you give me your daughter willingly and you live, or I kill you and I forcibly take her with me."

I felt tears stream down my face.

"Daddy, give me up." I cried helplessly, not being able to bare the fact of my dad getting killed.

Jackson switched his gaze from me back to my dad.

"Your daughter is smart, Ian." Jackson snarled, using my dads first name.

"Sweetie, no. I couldn't give you up." My dad cried and I ran over into his arms.

"Daddy, he said he'll take me anyways. I'd rather you live." I whispered and my dad held on to me tighter.

"Baby, I love you so much, you know that?"

I couldn't find any words so I nodded through my tears.

"I love you too."

I felt a hand grasp my arm and I was yanked away from my dad. I burst into more tears and my dad looked weak.

"Giving up your daughter so willingly? What an awful father." Jackson said directly in the face of my dad.

He then whipped something out of his pocket and I heard a loud bang!

My ears began to ring and I looked frantically looked around. In Jackson's hand was a gun pointed to where my father was standing. And where my father was standing lay a lifeless body with blood pouring out of his chest.

I screamed loudly and began to restrain against Jackson, kicking and yelling but his hand was over my mouth.

Tears blurred my vision and my head pounded. I heard shuffling from my parent's room and I instantly thought of my mom. Before I saw her exit the room, Jackson yanked me out of the apartment room.

He switched my position so he was holding me bridal style but I was still kicking and squirming around.

Jackson was running down the halls and skipped the elevator just sprinted down the stairs and burst through the front door of the apartment complex.

There was a black Camaro waiting right there with the doors open.

He placed me in the backseat and closed the door before hopping in the front seat and locking all doors, started the engine and remained quiet the whole time.

I curled into a ball, still crying my eyes out.

"Mi dispiace principessa." Jackson said in Italian and began to drive away from the town i loved so much.

"You... You mon....monst.....monster." I choked out between sobs.

"You killed my f...father!" I wailed and cried some more.

"Sweetheart, you better shut that pretty little mouth of yours before I do it for you." He said in a calm voice, scaring the shit out of me.

"I can't be quiet! You murdered my-"

"You asked for it." Jackson threatened, pulling the car over and turning around in his seat.

He reached out slickly and grabber my arm, pulling me up with so much force I flew into the front seat on my knees.

"What the-" I began to yell but Jackson grabbed my face with both hands and smashed his lips on to mine.

His foreign lips felt so perfect against mine, but I retracted the thought instantly, shoving him back. He pulled back and focused back on the steering wheel. He put the car in drive and began to drive away again.

"You asked for that, principessa." Jackson said.

"Buckle." He instructed and I was scared of what would happen in I disobeyed so I buckled with my shaky hands and stared depressingly out the at window for the rest of the ride.