Neverendig Walk (17)

Just to remind you, my chapters are now going to be shorter. ❤️ P.S, thank you so much for 75K reads. It means a lot to me. Ilysm!!

Alexia's POV

"Name?"

I stared blankly at the boy as we began walking through the woods. He turned around to look at me and blinked.

"Caden. Caden Daniels." He answered and nodded. "Yours?"

I looked down at my feet.

What was scary was that I had almost forgotten.

"Lexi." I replied brushing my hair behind my ear.

Caden nodded again and turned back around to continue leading the way. I sighed and slowly followed behind him.

"Do you wanna..." I heard Caden sigh as he shook his head. "...explain what..." Caden sighed again.

"Never mind."

I bit my lip and kept following Caden.

"Explain what happened?" I asked and Caden turned his head around.

"Yeah."

"It's a long story." I sighed and looked ahead of Caden at the trees. He turned and looked at the long path ahead.

"We got time."

I nodded and stepped forwards to walk next to him.

"Well," I started and felt my eyes start to water. "...it started with a man by the name of Jackson. He... kidnapped me because of some stupid money or whatever."

"Seems like he overreacted." Caden scoffed, clearly shocked at what I had just said.

And that's how it went.

I tried to explain everything as best I could without breaking apart or throwing a tantrum. Caden would speak up at various times throughout my explanation but that was it.

I'm not saying it was too difficult to explain what happened. What was hard was not falling apart as the words left my mouth.

I wish everything could just go back to normal, before Jackson has to swoop in and ruin my life.

I felt a tear slip down my cheek and spatter on to the gravel below my feet.

Don't cry. Enough crying. Enough stupid crying.

----

I don't exactly know why I trusted him so much. After Jackson and Cam, I wasn't exactly sure if I could ever trust anyone again. But, I trusted Caden and I couldn't decipher why.

He had a genuine smile and a small sparkle in his eyes. There was just something about him.....

"...and he always chooses Kyle over me."

Caden had been explaining to me that his dad liked his brother better than himself but to be honest, I had tuned out about halfway through.

Silence was deafening. I had picked that up throughout my life. As long as someone was talking or the weather was noisy, things were okay. Which is why I just let Caden keep talking.

So, I let myself drown out to the sound of his voice as we continued our never ending walk...