Plan (9)

Alexia's POV

   I wasn't sure if Jackson was actually going to let me go back to my home for a while. He seemed protective ever since Cam took me. It shook me up too but getting kidnapped again was the risk i'd take to see my family again.

   I asked Luke to ask for me because something in my stomach told me not to ask myself.

   After Luke and I finished up our games, he told me he would go ask Jackson at work. Every minute Luke was gone was agony. I wanted-no, needed to go see my family. It was like a nagging urge inside of me that something bad would happen if I didn't.

Then, Luke came back into the room, his fists clenched and his eyes narrowed. I launched off the chair and sprinted over to him. At first, I wanted to ask what the answer was, but then I realized there was something. Really wrong.

"What!? What happened?" I ranted quickly and Luke just have me an empty stare.

"He said no. But he could've said it in a nicer way." Like scowled after he was done talking and began walking back over to the chairs.

"Well there's Jackson for ya." Kyle snorted as he took another sip out of his Coke can.

Luke glared at Kyle and Kyle put his hands up in fake surrender.

That's when the reality of the situation settled into my brain. Had Jackson hit Luke? Why did he say I wasn't allowed to go? What's his problem?

"Hey! Flytrap! Don't worry to much about it." Luke said, his eyes back to normal. "I'll be alright."

Luke began to rub his cheek, wincing in pain.

So Jackson had hit him! What a jerk!

Then, my phone buzzed and I took it out.

Omw home! Xoxo

From him. The one I was so mad at right now. That jerk that punched Luke and refused to let me see my own family. MY OWN FAMILY!

I had the setting on my phone that allows the person I was texting to see if I had read it or not. So he knew I read it, but I refused to respond.

There's no way he would keep me from seeing my family.

So I had a plan.

And he would never even know.

---

I waited an hour after Jackson got back before I started to ignore him big time. But surprisingly, he wasn't pushy. He wouldn't hear the last of it about hitting Luke and he wouldn't stop me from going home.

So my plan was to sneak out and go anyways. Because my ignoring him will hopefully allow me to crash in the couch.

Not that I'm complaining.

The couch is like the comfiest thing I've ever sat on... in my entire life.

Jackson decided to order Chinese for dinner and my stomach turned. I love Chinese food.

Chinese food was always considered a treat when my dad ordered it. But my brother Samuel would always hoard all the chicken fried rice because he knew it was my favorite. He wasn't doing it to be mean he was just joking around like an older brother would.