Threats (7)

Alexia's POV

I had disappeared away from all the commotion downstairs when I realized Jenna was avoiding me, and the question that still hung in the air. What about him could seriously be that bad that she couldn't even tell me?

I walked out on to the balcony and sat down on the chair. I sighed in content on the sun beating against my skin. I closed my eyes and before I knew it, I was drifting away into a slumber.

--

Jackson's POV

I had left Alexia with Taylor and Jenna about an hour ago, and I was still sitting in my car, outside of a brick building.

I got out of my car and began to walk to the entrance. This kind of dirty work was something I dealt with everyday, and would be a cringe to anybody else.

But when I reached the entrance, I froze. There was a nearly written note taped to the rusty door. I snatched it off and began to read over it.

'To my worst enemy, Jackson. It's been a while since we've stirred something up between us, don't you think? Because I think it's been way to long and this civilness between us is incredibly unacceptable. I've seen your pretty little girl that you've taken a very surprising interest in. She's a pretty little thing and it would be a shame if anything were to happen to her. Wouldn't it? War has begun, Jackson. And you have one of my men held captive, so I will take your girl as punishment. Giving my man back now won't help her safety. Sleep with one eye open. Yours truly, Cam.'

Anger began to bubble up inside of me. I wasn't careful with Alexia. She was so... Open to the public. And with the distractions that consisted of business with rivaling gangs, I had forgotten about Cam.

I sprinted back to my car and whipped open the door, slamming it closed behind me and turned the key. I tapped my foot impatiently when the engine rumbled but died down again. I yelled incoherent words in frustration and tried again.

My fifth try my car finally started and I sped like hell back home.

When I reached the driveway I slammed my foot on the brake and tore my key out of the ignition. I sprinted to the front door slamming my fist against it and fumbling with my keys.

There was no answer and I felt a knot form inside my chest. I jammed my key into the lock and swung open the door.

Mumbling curse words to myself, I bolted upstairs and to my bedroom door. I burst into the room to find it empty.

I rushed over to the bed, anger bubbling up inside me again. A note lay over the perfectly made bed.

Too late.

It read. I picked up the note and crumpled it, launching it across the room and putting my head in my hands.

That bastard.

I ran back downstairs to hear music blasting from the basement. I stormed down there angrily, the knot in my chest growing bigger.

I stomped over the the large speakers and pulled the plug, watching the large group of my mafia members come to a harsh halt in their dancing.

"ALEXIA IS FUCKING MISSING! WHERE ARE MY GUARDS!?" I screamed at the group of people. People looked around, waiting for my guards to come forwards. Instead, Taylor and Jenna came sprinting up to me in a frantic manner.

"WE HAVE TO FIND HER!"

-----

Alexia's POV
I rolled over on an uncomfortable surface. I groaned and yawned at the same time, creating a strange noise.

I cracked open one of my eyes to see a dim lit room.

Panic instantly settled into my gut. Where am I? And why?

My eyes darted around the dark room frantically and worriedly. I saw nothing but the bed I was laying on and a large steel door.

The mattress that I was upon was hard as a rock and dusty. I inhaled and coughed out the dust that had filled my lungs.

My mind was stuck in mid panic, mid confusion on what the hell was happening.

Suddenly, the steel door creaked open in a terrifying manner. I flinched back, hitting my head against the wall and biting my lip to stop from crying out in pain.

A figure appeared in the door way. It was too dim to make out a face so I just kept imagining he looked like Voldemort to keep my mind out of a scary place.

"Time to go home." The figure said in an overly cheerful voice.

I rubbed my eyes and barely croaked out a "what?"

"It's time to go home. I'm done with you for now. This is only the beginning, little thing. Only. The. Beginning." The figure said dangerously. It then stalked towards me and yanked me up by the arm.

He then proceeded to drag me back to the door and threw me through the door way and to the ground.

I yelped in pain and reflexively brought my knees to my chest.

"Get up." He spat at me, all over cheerfulness gone in his voice.

I slowly climbed to my feet and sent a deadly glare to the man.

"Ha, you're cute." He sneered back at me with no sign of amusement. He then walked over to me and raised his fist to my neck.

"Good night"

His fist came flying down.

-------

My eyes fluttered open and I looked around at my surroundings. I widened my eyes at the familiar room.

The sheets, the walls the scent. This was Jackson's room. I looked to my left to Jackson sitting in his desk chair with his face buried in his hands.

I reached out and pushed the handle of the chair, making it's wheels turn and Jackson was now facing away from me. But he whipped his head back so fast that I thought he might get whiplash.

At first he just stared at me with no emotion in his eyes. Then I was being tackled in a bone crushing hug.

"I thought I lost you." He mumbled.

"It's not over." I mumbled back. "He said it's just the beginning."

Jackson pulled back and looked in to my eyes.

"I'll protect you." He said after a while to just staring. He pulled me back into a hug.

"I'll always protect you."