The game room (8)

Alexia's POV

After the incident with my kidnapper, who I know learned was named Cam, Jackson hadn't left my side. He was glaring at everyone who even looked the wrong way at me and wrapping his arm around my waist so tight I though we might mush together.

I still wasn't completely understanding why he was such a big softie when it came to me but seemed hard and cold to everyone else. Although he tried explaining it to me after we found out my father had survived, it still didn't make complete sense.

Jackson assigned 5 of his best guards to protect me when he couldn't. I thought it was a little excessive but I was honestly terrified of Cam would come and take me again. Because he didn't seem very friendly if you know what I mean.

But, I mean I'm not complaining about the guards that much. They were pretty cool guys. Blake and Kyle already had a nickname for me. They called me Little Brown Hair. I hated it but it is what it is.

They said it's because I am short and have brown hair. Wow, so creative guys.

Luke and Seth were the more fun ones out of the 5 boys. They kept talking about how they were gonna have so much fun beating me at video games in the game room. I didn't know they had a game room but I guess you learn something new everyday.

And the last guy, Nathan, was strictly there for what he was assigned to. To protect me. He didn't like to joke around, he wasn't telling me funny things, and he didn't have a nickname for me. I liked the other 4 better.

I could tell that whenever Jackson had to go somewhere alone, he was hesitant about leaving me. Even though Blake, Kyle, Luke, Seth and Nathan were stationed to never leave my side.

"I'll be back." Jackson said and kissed me on the forehead and I nodded in return. Jackson then gave my guards a demanding look before leaving the house.

I then turned around and smirked at Luke and Seth.

"Now," I started, rubbing my hands together. "Where is this game room you speak of."

Luke and Seth exchange a look before nodding and turned around, walking away. I took it they wanted me to follow them so I did. Their strides were too long so I had to jog a little to keep up with them.

The other 3 boys were trailing behind us, Nathan wth his permanent straight face on.

I will one day get him to smile.

I was lead into a hallway that had a door on the end. Luke opened the door and I gaped at the large room.

There were many insanely large flatscreen tvs prompted up on the wall with game consoles on the cabinet below it. There was a mini bowling alley in the corner with 2 lanes. There was a bar with menus (MENUS!) on the counter of it. Various arcade games lined another wall and to top off the room, there were colorful neon lights that traced the top of that walls.

"Shut yo' mouth, fly trap." Luke said jokingly as he pushed up my bottom jaw. I swatted his hand away and rolled my eyes. Great. Another terrible pet name.

"Ready to play some video games, fly trap?!" Luke shouted and raced to the rocky game chair thingy.

(A/N: I forgot what they're called so I just put a picture

(A/N: I forgot what they're called so I just put a picture.)

I walked over to the one next to him and plopped down. My family could never afford a video game so I never knew how to play.

Luke tossed me a controller that lit up neon green and blue and then pressed a button on one of the consoles.

He then moved over to the tv that was in front of me and pressed the same burn on my console.

-----

After setting up what needed to be set up and making my own account for a game called Grand Theft auto, we began to play on line games.

I got the hang of the game fairly quickly and Luke was just dominating everything next to me.

We were working together on the game, even though I accidentally killed him twice already.

I still was confused on the concept of the game, and thought that this is probably how crazy crimes committed by teenagers happens around the world. Video games.

The game did brine addictive after a few minutes though. We entered a few races, killed some people and just had fun and laughed the entire time. I was beginning to fall in love with everyone here.

But I still remember a big chunk of my heart was still missing.

I needed to see my family.