Pity (22)

Sam's POV

The call was like a breath of fresh air. I can honestly say I thought I would never hear Lexi's voice again. My baby sister...

But there se was on the other end of the phone line. This was actually happening. She was okay. We would all be okay soon. As soon as te son of a bitch that took her in the first place was put in jail or better, killed for what he has done.

What he's done to Alexia, to our family and to god knows who else in the world.

I really wish she was back...

But she will be soon, she promised. And the lady that took her in promised as well.

My baby sister should be with her family, with me. Se needs to be home... we need her.

Alexia's POV

I found myself playing with Caden's puppy for hours on end. He was so adorable.

I guess now that the weight about my family was lifted off my shoulders, I could finally relax. Jackson and Cam had no way of finding me here. I would be with my family again soon. Everything seemed to be turning out okay.

I would kill to change what had just happened, what my parents went through. Hell, what Sam went through.

But then I wondered what would happen when I did go back to my family. Wouldn't Jackson be able to find me again? Find us again? What if this time he did end up killing my father. Or my mother. Or sam. Or...me?

But would I really care if it was me? I'd much rather it be me than my dad or mom or my brother.

I scratched delicately behind the puppy's ears and heard footsteps walk into the living room.

"Hey." I said softly to Caden.

"Hi." He replied and gave a little smile. It seemed distant. It seemed weak.

"Hey, what's wrong?" I asked and stood up from the ground. Caden furrowed his eyebrows and looked at me.

"What? Oh, it's nothing really." He murmured and sat down on the couch.

"No cmon, you can tell me." I persuaded and Caden gave a little genuine smile. "Who am I gonna tell anyways?" I tried joking.

"Yeah I guess. Well, it's just that my mom just told me my dads not coming back and he took Kyle with him..." Caden let out in one breath.

I widened my eyes at him and lowered my head.

"Oh." I whispered. "I'm really sorry-"

"No!" Caden screamed, jumping up from the couch. "I don't need your damn pity, girl!"

Then he sprinted up the stairs and out of sight.