The dream (13)

Thanks for 44k reads😘

Alexia's POV

       I tossed and turned on Cam's comfortable bed for about an hour but still couldn't fall asleep.                
       He was sleeping on his couch across the room and gave me the bed which I surprised at.
       I guess I expected him to either sleep in the same bed as me or go sleep in another room.
       But, nope! He decided to plop his cruel-ass butt right on that couch.
       I desperately needed to escape before something happened to me or my family. I still didn't know where they were.
       The police were still looking for me for two reasons. Trespassing and being a missing person.
When I did fall asleep, all I could dream about was my family.

Sam gripped the brick with force and smashed it down to the ground. "Samuel. You're not helping your mother's headache!" My father scolded Sam as he rubbed my moms back.

"I'm stressed out, okay!?" Sam yelled back. "Lexi is gone, we're homeless until further notice, and we're breaking down by the minute!" Sam screamed in frustration.

"I'm right here!" I screamed. Why can't they see me? "Look! I'm here." Tears began to fall down my cheeks as I screamed at my family.

"This is it." My dad said. He sighed and ran a hand gently over where he was shot. My heart pounded faster. "Everything's gone."

"IM RIGHT HERE!" I yelled, bawling at this point. "DADDY I AM HERE WITH YOU!"

My dad stood up with my mom resting her weight on his side. They began to walk away from the abandoned building, Sam hesitantly following them.

I went to run after them but I couldn't move my feet. It's like I was super glued to the ground. I watched helplessly as my family walked away.

"COME BACK!" I screamed hopelessly. "Please." I whispered to myself as I wanted to curl up and just fade away.

But I still couldn't move.

The more I struggled, the worse it got.

Pain began to shoot up my legs, refusing to let me move at all. My eyes closed due to my tears and I felt a heavy weight grow on my chest.

Now, I couldn't open my eyes.

I wanted to burst out and run after my family but my eyes wouldn't open and I still couldn't move.

"Come back."

---

This is short I know but it's just a filler chapter! My next chapters will be much longer. Sorry!

Make sure to check out my other books!

Vote!

Comment!

Follow!

Tell me what you thought!

Love y'all 😘