Please (16)

Hey guys! First of all, I just wanted to thank you for 400 followers!! Ilysm. Second of all, I'm going to start posting shorter, 500 ish word chapters. But that also means more than 1 chapter in a day. This is a lot easier for me because I need to deal with some issues going on in my life. I hope you guys can understand. 💕😘

Unknown POV

The leaves crunched under my heavy boots as my father and I made our way through the forest. The trees rose high above our heads, keeping us out of the heat of early summer.

My red and black flannel hung loosely around my torso, the light clothing allowing air to pass through. My shotgun rested in my hands.

My father had always talked to me about going hunting with him, by this was the first time I'd ever done it.

"Hush, son." My father scolded. "Watch them feet of yours. Making too much noise."

He then shook his head in disapproval and turned the other direction.

There was no doubt that he liked my brother more than me. Why can't you be more like Kyle? Why don't you let Kyle do that? Watch Kyle and learn.

I shook my head quickly and focused my attention to the movement around me. I took cautious steps forwards, avoiding the leaves this time.

Suddenly I heard a faint cry.

I turned around to see my dad a good 100 feet away so I slowly walked towards where the cry came from.

The further I walked, the louder the sound got. I started to sound like a girl whimpering. I turned around to make sure my dad wasn't watching me and dove behind a tree.

I crashed into someone and I heard a sharp gasp.

"Please don't hurt me!" She squealed. I shook my head and cleared my focus. I saw a mess of brunette hair as the girls head ducked between knees. Her back was pressed against the tree and she seemed to be shaking.

"Woah woah. Easy there." I said and she slowly lifted up her head. I stared intently at the dirt and scratch marks that embarked on her face.

I took in a sharp breath and found myself just staring.

"Help." She whispered and brought a shaking hand over her upper arm. I saw dirt clumped up under her long finger nails and small scratches, possible from the trees and bushes, across the whole back of her hand.

"P...please."

I shook myself out of my small daze and locked eye contact with the girl.

"Are you okay?" I found my self sputtering out.

Of course she's not okay. She's hiding out in the woods in terrible conditions.

"No! I...I need to get out of here!" She pleaded and firmly grabbed on to my forearm. Her eyes darted around frantically.

I grabbed her upper arm and helped her off the forest floor. I felt her grip tighten and loosen, as she faltered on her feet.

"I don't.... my dad..." I stuttered and turned my head to see my father or of sight. I heard the faint sound of an engine and gravel sputtering around.

That son of a bi-

"I don't care. I just... need to get out of here." The girl stammered and tightened her grip once again on my arm.

I looked back around the tree and saw the black, busted up pick up truck that my dad drove, driving away in the gravel path.

"Asshole." I muttered and sucked in a deep breath.

"Well we're going to have to walk."