2. An Unwelcome Surprise

Sienna woke with a start, immediately being blinded by white light reflecting off the window. For a moment, the glare of the sunlight made her forget her imprisonment, and she dove deeper into the black bedsheets that had been warmed by the sun.

 For just a second, Sienna could forget the aching pain coursing though her muscles and the fear that 'death' might come knocking any second. 

Or, not knocking. That situation seems more likely at this point. 

The prospect of being caught in his bed made her skin crawl, and she suddenly couldn't take it any more. Heaving herself onto the hard floor, she stood shivering in the stagnant air. She hadn't been bothered to change last night, too scared of being woken up and interrogated.

'Especially considering I have nothing to change into' Sienna's voice filled the empty room uncomfortably, prompting the sudden realisation of how alone and quiet the room was.

 How empty and devoid of presence. It was as if the deep shadows in the corners absorbed her voice and mind, making her feel as insignificant and small. All of a sudden, a grumbling sound reverberated off the walls, getting louder over the seconds. 

As soon as it cut off, Sienna placed her hands on her stomach, attempting to calm it. 

'I wonder if it's too much of a stretch to expect food while I'm here?' the girl mused uncertainly, massaging the skin under her shirt.

She hadn't eaten since since the morning before her capture which, judging by the look of the sun in the sky, was little over a day ago. Out of sheer habit, Sienna found herself pulling at the black duvet to make the bed, as if in a mindless daze. 

Was this Reaper's effect on her, or was she really just accepting her situation? Feeling the creeping itch of boredom catch up with her, she reached out to her feet, stretching her arms and legs. 

'Well that's a first' Sienna laughed inwardly, noting the ways her joints didn't click and groan. 

And to think, the one good night's sleep is in a bed I'd rather not get back into. Hah. What a world

Moving on to her routine of stretches, she made a satisfied groan as a muscle knot in her shoulder finally unraveled. That thing had been there for months. Finally allowing a small smile to grace her features, she twisted to complete her last abdominal stretch, letting her head fall back over her shoulder.

 But instead of a satisfying end, the smile was ripped off her face as quick as it had appeared. 

Leaping away, Sienna stumbled in her shock at seeing a huge, figure looming over her in the darkness, less than an arms width away. She didn't mean to, but the words came tumbling out before she could stop them:

 'Jesus Christ'

'Wrong' the figure growled out, his voice like crushed velvet, ripping at the seams.

 'In fact, I'm quite the opposite'. He leaned back onto his haunches slightly, cloak rustling, and Sienna could just feel the smirk behind his full mask. She didn't even need to see his face to be able to tell, and it made her shudder.

Noticing her quivering body, the man leant forward again.

 'What, cold are we? Little Girl? Does my...' He paused to gesture around '... accommodation not meet the quality Jack could provide?'

 His rough, mocking voice suddenly took on a vicious tone at the mention of the Soldier, and Sienna willed herself to stay still as he stalked forwards, squeezing her eyes shut. Seconds later, she could feel a cold sensation radiating into her skin, from a being that was now very, very close. 

Too close.

 Refusing to open her eyes, she could feel Reaper almost chest to chest with her, his breath making wisps of her hair slide across her cheek. Was it really her hair, or...?

Interrupting her thoughts, a leather clad finger tilted her chin up suddenly, the metal claw attached to it trailing along her throat and forcing her to open her eyes with a gasp. His shoulders and chest vibrated as her reaction provoked a rumbling laugh from him, and he took his claws away.

 Is this what she was to him? A plaything to tease and mock as he felt fit?

She opened her eyes, and her burning green irises bored into his mask. The dark, tall man only tilted his head as if further amused. 

'I am not your toy' Sienna hissed out, thrusting her hands against his chest in a moment of bravery. 

However, instead of repelling him she succeeded in pushing herself back as he remained motionless, claws twitching at his sides. What is he, a rock? Certainly feels like one. Sienna opened her mouth to hurt him in some other way but her stomach beat her to speak. And it was loud. 

Embarrassed beyond speech, Sienna ducked her head and let her hair fall about her eyes, face furiously turning red; her anger drained out immediately.

As if ignoring it, Reaper spoke up, slowly and purposefully.

 'Of course you are my toy. I will use you until I have what I want. And what I want... Is Jack. Dead.'

Abruptly, he turned on his leather boots and crossed the few paces to the door. For a second, Sienna thought she had gotten away with the uninvited interruption of her stomach, but he stopped with one shadowy hand on the door, looking over his shoulder.

 For the second time in the past few minutes, Sienna could feel that damn grin on his face again. 

'And my toys place nice, else they don't get fed. Remember that, Little Girl'

As he opened the door, Sienna called out. 'You wouldn't risk not f-feeding me. You need me alive to lure Jack in.' Her stutter betrayed her inner terror, and Reaper definitely noticed. He seemed to grow larger as he turned his body to face her once more, his wide shoulders dwarfing hers in comparison.

'Wrong again.' As his voice rippled though the air towards her, it appeared to be coming from every direction, getting louder and louder.

 'I could kill you right now, and still get the same results. He would still come for you. He wouldn't know your body lay broken on my floor, bloody and lifeless. But -' he paused to chuckle slightly, and Sienna felt her skin prickle. '- where would the fun be in that?'

And then, he was gone. Black mist curled on the wooden floor, the only trace that a massive, muscled monster had stood there a second before. 

Wait, muscled? Really, Sienna?

She tried to shake the thought out of her head, mildly disgusted at herself, but ended up looking down at the hands which had pushed against his chest.

 It was true, the leather and armour he wore couldnt have made up all of his weight. Dense muscle must have been a percentage of it.

'And a large percentage, at that' Sienna's mind filled in, much to her dismay.

'What the hell is wrong with me, thinking about that?' She muttered, slumping to the floor on her knees.

Even though she'd just stretched barely minutes ago, her body felt stiff from her own muscles tensing up in his presence.

'I could kill you right now' 

His animalistic voice played on repeat in her mind: it was undeniable - he terrified her. But at the same time, she couldn't help but think there was more to him than that. More than just revenge. A man under the monstrous mask. And by hell, she was determined to find out just what.

But right now? Now, she just wanted to do nothing. Her hair splayed out in loose curls behind her as she leant against the foot of the bed, tipping her head back and closing her eyes. In the quiet, the rapid beating of her heart became unbearably loud, and blood rushed through her ears. Her pale lips parted, and Sienna attempted to calm her anguished heart and slow her breathing. 

Though the window, the sun had just hit a point in the sky where a single beam of light shone through the window, illuminating Sienna's lap in a golden glow. Feeling the warmth through her jeans, she smiled, letting her mind finally drift into unconsciousness.