31. Mei-king Pancakes

If it weren't for the alarm clock ringing loudly through her ears, Sienna would have been convinced she was dreaming.
Leaving the sound playing for a bit, Sienna stared at the ceiling, her hand still resting on her forehead. Strangely enough, there was no racing of her heart, no blood rush to the cheeks, no adrenaline pumping through her veins.

Just... Calmness.

Or, Sienna began to realise, is it acceptance instead?

In her heart, she knew the consequences of what she was doing. That it wouldn't work out. But then again, nothing in Sienna's life from the day she was born had really 'worked out', and things had turned out pretty okay in her opinion.

The calmness surrounding her was strange, and she sat up, feeling a sharp twanging pain in her side before pressing down on the alarm to turn it off.

Looking down, her side required some fixing, Sienna thought. Standing up gingerly, she pressed on it with her finger tips before flinching away from the pain. He might have been drunk and didn't mean it, but damn does this hurt.
Getting the job over and done with, she nimbly wrapped up her side in fresh bandages and pulled on clean clothes; only just managing to have everything cleaned up as tracer burst into the room after a single knock.

'G'morning, love! Mei's baking pancakes this morning and ya sure don't wanna miss 'em - hurry up or they're all gonna be gone!'
Hopping into Sienna's room with all her boundless energy, she was clearly eager and raring to go. The wounded brunette wasn't sure if she'd be able to keep up with Tracer today, but her enthusiasm was infectious as Sienna grabbed her bag and headed for the door, grins on both their faces and a silent promise to let herself forget last night.

As it turned out, Mei's pancakes were definitely too good to be missed. So good, in fact, that McCree bet everyone that he could eat the most. Stood by the stove, Mei couldn't say no as five pairs of puppy dog eyes looked up at her from the kitchen table.

Only 15 minutes and a lot of cracked phone eggs later, McCree, Sienna, Tracer, Lucio and D.va herself - Hana Song - sat along the table eyeing up the pancake plates eagerly. They were watched over by Zarya and Soldier 76: the latter of which had only agreed to judge the match on the basis of making sure 'you kids don't make yourselves sick, you hear me?', and Zarya who had just laughed and said it was 'healthy competition'.

The first out of the competition, predictably, was Tracer who leaned back with a groan and had turned a slight shade of green.

'I... I cant do it. Do you all have endless stomachs or something??'

Next was Lucio, who apologised profusely to Mei as she just laughed, chomping down on one of her own cakes.

5 minutes later, with a shameful tip of his hat, McCree grabbed his stomach and put his head on the table. Still eating but with victorious cheers from Hana and Sienna, it was now just the two of them.

'How do you fit so much food in such a tiny body, Hana?!' Sienna asked, stuffing yet more pancake into her mouth, but severely struggling now.
Attempting a laugh but choking slightly, D.va only raised her hand into her trademark peace pose. 'I don't like losing'

Swallowing hard one last time, Sienna threw up her hands in defeat.
'I give in! Hana, you're the winner, congrats' Sienna couldn't help but smile as the tiny girl jumped up in victory, and then immediately turned a similar shade of green as Tracer. She laughed, and then spoke in a slightly wobbly voice - 'GG, I told you all I would win. That was just eeeeeee-zeeee!'

There was a small pause as a sudden moaning sound resounded through the kitchen, and Hana suddenly bolted for the toilet with a hand over her mouth, and the small group burst out laughing.

McCree seemed to have recovered slightly as he stood up and leant on the back of Sienna's chair.
'Judgin' by what's probably going on in the toilet,' murmured the cowboy, 'I think I'm gonna quietly proclaim Sienna the winner by default... but let's just keep that between ourselves. If Hana asks, she won'
Winking at the group, McCree even managed to draw a chuckle out of Soldier 76 as he turned his back to leave.

'You've got a hard schedule today, Sienna' he threw over his shoulder, 'I hope you're not feeling the same way as our D.va over there' he said, gesturing at the hunched over girl returning to the room, with one hand on her stomach but a victorious smile spread on her cheeks.

Laughing on the outside, but internally feeling extremely bloated, she waved back nonchalantly. 'I'll be just fine, you'll see.'

At that, McCree slapped Sienna on the back in congratulations and her whole body shuddered, pain rippling from the side of her wound. It stung like mad, and she couldn't quite fully mask her emotions as she looked up at him - but either way, he didn't seem to notice.

'Atta girl! Though, good luck with Jack, you might need it'.
His characteristic laugh filled the kitchen again, and it soon caught on with everyone else too. After a few minutes more of chatter, the group began to disperse to get to their own training and daily routines

Still feeling the after effects even when McCree and the rest had left the kitchen, the sudden quietness of the room put a dampener on Sienna's spirits. Feeling the smile slide off her face, she pressed one hand to her side, looking down.

'Maybe today won't be as easy as I thought it would be... how am I going to hide this from Jack?'

//

Lol that title pun I'm so sorry

Also pls forgive me I've had this chapter written since the 25th June but I didn't wanna post it until I finished the next chapter too but hey ho here we are

I've been so busy lately T_T aaaaaaghhhgggggghhhhhh