37. Not Too Late

She was alive, but only just. Bleeding out profusely, Mercy leapt to work instantly, focusing on stemming the blood flow. The crimson pool on the floor was widening by the second, and with every drip, drip, drip of blood that fell, Reaper sank deeper and deeper into the darkness.

The shadowed monster had refused to let her go, forcing Mercy to do her work with Sienna in his arms. He never looked away, silent and terrifying as black smoke billowed from his frame. Kneeling on the floor, his eyes traced her paling face, piercing through his cracked mask.

As Soldier 76 watched on, his gaze may have been hidden by the visor, but his clenched hands shook as he stood upright. It was like a knife had been driven through his heart, but all he could do was stare until Tracer grabbed at his sleeve, terror strewn across her face, bringing him back to life.

Instantly back in the moment, he span round and barked out commands, expertly managing his team until no one was left standing still.

The rest of the Overwatch team were to give them some space, instead focusing on finding out how Widowmaker had gotten in, and tracking her down before she could get too far. Jack Morrison refused to let fear corrupt his team. This was a major incident, and the facility and all its inhabitants were in full lock-down mode.

'If two Talon members can cause this much damage, then their entire corporation will destroy us... Find Widowmaker, and bring her in.' The soldier commanded, his voice unwavering.

Truly distanced from his emotions, this was why they chose him to be their leader. He would get them through this, and he would bring Sienna safely out to the other side - no matter what it took.

//

'Ughhh... Someone.. Someone turn the light off.' Sienna sleepily moaned, shifting her arm up above her eyes. It was blindingly bright, white and sterile.

How long has she been sleeping?

Keeping her eyes closed, Sienna lifted her head, but instantly dropped it again as pain burst across her chest like a gunshot wound.

Lightly touching her neck with her other hand, the bandages were piled high.

Unable to open her eyes in the light after being in the dark so long, Sienna's mind whirred, panicked at the feeling of the cotton under her fingertips.

Oh god. That was it, wasnt it? The gunshot. That happened. I'm not...

Silently remembering, recalling the events, she breathed deeply. Taking her time, Sienna opened her eyes, squinting at her surroundings.

A hospital room. A hospital bed. She'd never been in one of them before, but she'd visited Mercy on occasion.

Gritting her teeth at the pain, Sienna used her good arm to prop herself up, straining against her screaming muscles. It took so much effort that she breathed heavily, barely noticing as the door opened and a blonde woman walked in.

Abruptly stopping, Mercy seemed to be in a flurry as she flew to Sienna's side, one hand pressed lightly on her back, the other supporting her arm.
Looking up at her, Sienna couldn't make out anything that she was saying.

Something was ringing loudly in her ears, making her dizzy, making her feel--

-Throwing herself to the side, she was just quick enough to avoid being sick all over the bed, instead hitting the conveniently placed bin. The ringing subsided as Angela lifted her back up and softly lying her down again.