38. Three Words, Sienna.

'Hey, Little Girl. Seems like you didn't die after all.'

Sienna would have known that voice anywhere. Instantly wide awake, Sienna struggled against her body's sluggish movements, forcing her eyes open.
Blinded immediately by the bright white lights, she cursed herself for doing the same thing twice.

'R-reaper? Is that- Is that you?' Sienna pressed her hands to her eyes, desperate for them to adjust so she could see for herself.

There was a pause that seemed to last for an eternity as she waited for confirmation, silence upon silence, before the man huffed slightly.

'Yeah. It's me.'

His voice was low and gravelly, tinged with something else - was that... Embarrassment? It had been so long since she had spent proper time with him, but ghosting memories of their close time together pulled her thoughts together.

Taking her hands off her face, a leather gloved hand pressed them back softly, gingerly, as if afraid of touching her.

'Keep your eyes closed. It's okay.' Reaper almost whispered, trailing off at the end of his sentence.

Struggling for words, Sienna's mouth hung open, only to be interrupted in thought.

'I need to tell you. I'm sorry. I put you here.'

A weight pressed into the mattress as Reaper took a seat on the edge of her bed, and Sienna felt herself slide slightly towards him.

A mess of fire and ice flooded through her adrenaline-fuelled body and she tensed up. More than anything, one emotion dominated - how dare he say that? It pricked under her skin like thousands of knives, each determined to get a rise out of her: and each of them succeeding. The only thing holding her back was the slight touch of  his hand over her eyes, resting carefully on her skin.

'You... You have no right to say that.'

Sienna could feel his shock through his hand as it flinched against her. Feeling power from his reaction, it spurred her on to continue, her closed eyes seeing red.

'You show up in my life, and take everything I was, everything I have and give me everything I ever wanted... And you... you rip it all away when you leave.'
Somewhere between her words, tears began to stream beneath his hands, but she couldn't stop. With every word her anger grew, but the more she spoke the more the hole in her shoulder seemed to move down to her heart, widening like a void inside her.

'And now.. Now? You think an apology matters? You think I want that from you? No. No.'

Sienna's chest heaved, pain sparking up in her shoulder with the exertion, but Reaper was silent, just an unspoken weight resting on her bed.

'If your aim was to play with me, then congratulations. I'm-... I'm done, Reaper.' Ignoring the tears flowing freely now, Sienna lifted a hand to her eyes, her breathing ragged and exhausted.

'Stop hiding from me. Tell me what the truth is, Reaper. Tell me to my face.' She cried one last time, raw and empty. There's nothing left to lose now, I guess.

Reaching up, Sienna clasped his hand in her own, tugging it away from her eyes, but Reaper abruptly stopped her. 

'..Don't. Please.'

Stunned out of her stupor, Sienna had nothing to say. Her hand gripped his tighter. Nothing would compare the crack in his words; the sound of a man struggling to hold it all together, breaking apart in the same way she felt her heart was right now.