29. Worth Crying For

Muffling a soft gasp that somehow broke free from her lips; thoughts about how much this was all she had secretly dreamed about since she left him danced in her mind. Reaper didn't take his eyes off her, only an arm's width from her body, letting his hand rest easily on the jacket above her skin.

Unable to help herself, Sienna took a huge risk that had backfired on her last time. Hushed and whispered, her voice didn't break the moment, only added to it.

'Reyes...'

Silence continued in the tiny space between them, but not before Sienna heard a low sigh, as if exasperated.

Then, lower than the brunette thought possible to hear, his voice floated out to her again
'Don't call him back. He doesn't deserve this.'

Hearing those words Sienna's heart snapped in two, like someone had driven a blunt blade into her, and twisted it. His internal torment broke her, as if he was sharing his feelings through their contact.
Shaking herself out of it, one thing caught her attention.

Was 'this' something good or something bad? 

As Sienna started to respond to his desperate words, Reaper obviously had other plans than to listen to her beguile him as he gripped her waist and pulled her in, interrupting her words.

At the same time, Sienna stifled a gasp as Reaper's claws dug deeply into her skin through her jacket. It was clear that it hadn't been intentional, but Sienna shuddered as pain rippled through her, but said nothing as her face was pressed into the chest of her enemy, one of his arms slung over her body and his head lolling back like a man who had drunk far, far too much alcohol.

Thankfully, her wildly uncontrolled emotions were pumping out so much adrenaline that not only did her heart feel like it would burst, but did something to lessen the unpleasant sensations.

Ignoring the rest of the pain as best as she could, Sienna raised both her hands to his leather-bound chest and pushed. To no surprise, the man was unnaturally heavy, and she failed miserably. Giving up on getting any more information out of Reaper, and shunting all her wildly flying emotions into a tiny corner of her mind, Sienna was reaching the end of her tether.

For God's sake, pull yourself together, and get this man out of your room before you compromise everything.

Eager to please the internal voice that was now screaming at her, Sienna leaned away from the black armour that her face had been pressed into, only for Reaper to curl his leg up and press into her thighs.

Stiffening immediately at the increased contact, a spark travelled up her spine straight to her blushing cheeks. But she wouldn't let her irregularly beating heart stop her now.
Putting a pause on bringing Gabriel Reyes back for a moment, Sienna put a worn hand on his shoulder and shook him slightly, bringing his head back to look at her.

'Hey! Don't you fall asleep on me! You can't do this here...'
Trailing off, Sienna began to realise she had no idea what to do, only for Reaper to slowly move his head to look around.

Groaning slightly, and putting another hand on his forehead, he sat up and wobbled, taking his arm off her to stabilise himself.

'Yeah, it's uncomfortable.'

Sighing in relief as the Talon member stood up, it took a sudden turn to exasperation as he turned and collapsed properly into her bed, shifting the pillow underneath his head and getting comfortable.

'Reaper.... I.... This is - not - what I meant.'

Throwing her hands up in the air for the millionth time that night, Sienna put one hand over her eyes; half in frustration and half to cover up her embarrassed face.