2 | Face to Face

Thank you so much for the positive feedback and the votes!! It means a lot! And my mission in this book is to actually comment back to people as much as I can. So, if you're ever up for a conversation... you know where to find me!! I love you all to the moon and back😘
Enjoy💜

I'm What You're Missing: 2 | Face to Face
| Ross Lynch |

June 17th, 2022:

Does it make me pathetic if I admit I've missed Laura the most and I was too scared to reach out to her in fear of getting rejected? Or does that make me an idiot? Because honestly, I'm not quite sure anymore. Since Monday, when I ran into Raini and she sent the text, I haven't been able to get Laura off my mind. She's always on my mind, usually in the back and not so... not so constant.

It seams like everything I see reminds me of her. This morning, on my jog, I saw a petite brunette petting her yellow lab. Instantly, I thought of Laura and her dog she had when we were best friends; Velvet. Yesterday, I saw some girl eating a gogurt, I instantly smiled to myself and one thing was in my mind; LAURA MARIE MARANO.

I know I use to have a crush on her. Hell, I did for three years until I finally liked Courtney. But I knew the feelings I had towards Laura was still stored up somewhere when I was with Courtney. Maybe that's why her and I decided to end things before we both did something we regretted, like cheating. But that doesn't mean I like her now, right?

Honestly, my apartment hasn't felt this empty in years. Sure, I've only lived here for three or four years now, but I've always loved the peace and quiet. I get to write a lot more, and I'm rarely home when we're writing music. I always crash at Rocky's almost every night. But now? It all seams so... big, I guess. It's two bedrooms-kinda, my bedrooms downstairs but a huge open space is upstairs. I like the view I get outside on the balcony, but it doesn't feel like home nowadays.

I don't know what to think anymore. And tonight I'm suppose to hang out with the Austin and Ally cast again, just the four of us. What if my feelings for Laura comes back again? What am I suppose to do then? God, I need to get my fucking life together again. At least my hair is cut. My mom finally convinced me to cut it back to how it was when I was filming Status Update. Apparently my "blonde disaster" reached its max length at a little passed my shoulders.

Hopefully tonight goes well...

Sighing, I tuck my journal in my back pocket of my blue ripped jeans and pour another cup of coffee. Ryland said he'd be stopping by for a little before I have to leave for Raini's. He claimed he wants to talk through some things. I honestly have no idea what he needs.

"Ross!" And there he is.

"What's up, Ry?!" I shout, making my way to the front door. He grins widely and points to my black couch. Before I could stop him, he makes his way to the couch and plops down, muting the rerun of an ice hockey game I have playing on the tv.

"You're seeing Laura tonight for sure, right?" He asks. Nodding slowly, I sip on some more of my coffee. "Hmm." I move my black beanie forward more and eye him carefully. He knew about my small crush on her back in the day. "Do you think you'll fall back in love with her?" He asks. Furrowing my eyebrows, I set my coffee cup on the coffee table and lean back against the couch.

"I was never in love with her, Ryland." Was the only thing I could think of to say. He rolls his eyes in disbelief before turning his body towards me, getting serious.