13 | Drunken Words are Sober Thoughts

I'm What You're Missing: 13 | Drunken Words are Sober Thoughts
| Ross Lynch |

"I'm freaking out!" I say, pacing around the living room. Laura texted me twenty minutes ago that she's on her way, and since then, I've been on the phone with Rocky. "What do I do?!" I half shout through the phone. I hear Rocky sigh, and then a soda can opening.

"Well, first off, calm the fuck down, Ross." I sigh and fall onto the couch, back first. "Act normal. Wait till she brings it up. And just say you were really drunk, because you were really drunk, Ross. And I mean hammered." Sighing, I rub my eyes and stare up at the ceiling. "Everything will work out. Just don't get mad. Your anger sometimes gets out of control and you regret things seconds after it happens and you're already too late-"

"Okay okay, Rocky, I get it." I mumble. Just then, the door open and in comes Laura. "Look, I'll call you later. Laura just got here." I say, not caring if she heard me.

"Okay. Remember to stay calm. Love ya, bro."

"Love you too, Rock." I say back. Laura furrows her eyebrows as she sets her bag down and sits beside me on the couch. She eyes me up and down for a quick minute before sighing and pulling out sheet music. I guess we're not talking about my drunken voicemail right now.

"WE DID IT!" She shouts, sliding onto the floor. Chuckling, I fall back onto the couch with a big smile. "We actually finished a song together. And boy, Austin and Ally made it look so so easy." I go up on my elbows, giving her a smirk.

"What days are we recording next week? Riker and Rocky want to know so we can set aside a different time for song writing." I say, looking back up at the ceiling.

"Thursday, Friday, and Saturday." She answers. "You know, we still need to talk about your voicemail the other night." She says, pretty quietly.

"I know." I whisper. "But please understand that I was so drunk that night that I couldn't even walk straight, Laura. I don't even remember calling you. What did I even say?" I ask.

"Well... you started off with calling me beautiful." She starts.

"Well, that's true." I mutter. "Anything else?" I ask.

"Then you told me you were in love with me when we filmed Austin and Ally." Shit. "Which, does explain the looks you use to give me. Yet I only just noticed them during that live stream." Nodding my head, she continues. "Then you referred Andrew to a douche ass boyfriend who ruined everything." Nodding my head again, she continues on. "Then told me Kyler was a nice guy, but you'd be waaaaaayyy better for me than him. Oh, and you called me baby like twice or three times."

"Laura, I'm sooooo sorry, okay? Ryland suggested a guys night and had this plan that I'd make out with a hot girl-" She stops me there.

"Did you make out with a hot girl?" She asks, a smile on her face.

"What? No!" I say, sitting up.

"Oh, and then you called me love." Sighing, I rub my eyes.

"God, I really am sorry. I just kinda lost control and kept drinking and drinking and... I-I don't know. I'm just really sorry." I say, hoping she'd understand and not press on the subject.