16 | Sibling Bonding

I'm What You're Missing: 16 | Sibling Bonding
| Ross Lynch |

Seacrest Studios has to be by far my favorite radio to hang out on. Besides Zac Sang and the Gang, they're always a good time. We've already completed one interview, based on music and what not. Our second interview was based on the families, so I rarely talked, and no one even asked me about my love life. But Ryan's a good one to end up.

"Hey hey hey hey!" Ryan's says, the second we enter the studio. All of us say a different hellos, earning a laugh from all of us, and we all sit down. Riker sits to my left, Rocky to my right, Ellington next to Rocky, and Rydel on the end. "Go ahead and out your headphones on. We're live in five." He instructs. "And yes, that rhymed." I chuckle and fix my guitar on my lap.

"Hey, I have a question." Riker says, nudging my arm. "Laura announced your duet already, right?" He asks.

"Yeah, Sunday she announced the release date. I'm suppose to do the song title sometime today or tomorrow." I say, checking my phone. "Yeah, today or tomorrow."

"If Ryan asks, just say the title, okay?" I nod, not understanding why.

"Live, in five, four, three, two... what's up, everybody! We've got the talented R5 in the studio today!" Some people cheered and us five did some cheers. "So, let's get down to business, shall we?"

"Ooo, wow." Rocky mumbles into the mic, Rydel giggles a little, causing me to chuckle.

"Music. When's new music?" He asks.

"Uh, we actually picked our song of choice for our next single, but our label has not set a release date for us. But, our manager is pushing for a single by September, November at the latest. So we still have to record it and make some changes." Riker explains.

"Actually, Ross has a song coming out soon." Rocky says, rubbing my shoulder.

"Oh yeah, the lovely Laura Marano tweeted that out the other day. When is that coming out?" Ryan asks.

"August twelfth." I say, giving him a head nod.

"Tell us what it's like writing with someone else, especially with someone who you use to be best friends with." Dinah, Ryan's co-host says. "I feel like it'd be a whole different view point."

"It was... it was definitely different, yeah. But, I mean, it's Laura. She's such a talented lady and is super flexible with anything. We had our whacky writing sessions since I still had to write with my band while she had to finalize some songs with her band, it was just a hectic time." I explain. "But we uh, we did get it done in a few days."

"Now, did you record together? Separately?" I wish we recorded together.

"Oh, we did not record together. I actually got so bored recording the song. Because like, I usually have my brothers and Rydel so I'm never bored, but I was trapped in a booth with two guys on the outside, telling me what to change and what not." It's true, it sucked.

"Now, are you allowed to tell us the title?" Ryan asks. Nodding, a few cheers went around the room.

"It's called We Don't Talk Anymore. And it's different-ish because Laura and I have different styles of music, so it was actually interesting to find the right sound, I guess you could sorta say." They both nod.