10 | We Don't Talk Anymore

❣❣❣SUPER IMPORTANT A/N AT THE END OF THIS CHAPTER! PLEASE READ❣❣❣

I'm What You're Missing: 10 | We Don't Talk Anymore
| Ross Lynch |

"OH MY GOSH, YOU GUYS!" Laura shouts, walking into my apartment. I invited Raini, Calum, and Laura to come hang out with me, considering I haven't seen Raini and Calum for a couple weeks. Last time I saw Laura was three days ago when I dropped her off at home after our Fourth of July trip thing.

"What what what?!" Raini exclaims, matching Laura's voice. Chuckling, I lean back on my couch and sip some beer.

"My sister just set me up with the best person for me like ever." Calum's eyes immediately settle on me as his smile fades. Well shit.

"Oooo, tell us!" Raini squeals, pulling Laura down to sit beside her. Now, since Raini sat beside Calum, and Calum sat beside me, Laura was really far away from me. Which I guess is good.

"Wait, what happened to the no dating decision?" Calum asks, helping me out a little. "I thought boys were icky or nasty or something." He adds.

"Calum, I'm not seven." Laura says, narrowing her eyes. "And who cares, I'm single, I should be able to go on dates and have fun!" So should I, but I'm not over you. "Okay, so, his name is Kyler and he's twenty-nine, so he's older, which is kinda sexy." And I'm younger, by a fucking month. "He has dark dark hair, yet the bluest of eyes, which is super attractive." While I have blonde hair and nasty hazel eyes. "And he's like, five feet ten, so more my height range." And of course, I'm practically 6'1". "And he's a college professor for literature."

"Oh my god, he sounds awesome, Laura." Raini says.

"Yeah, he does." I whisper, picking at my fingernail. "When's the date?" I ask, putting on a small fake smile.

"Tomorrow night. He's taking me to an Italian restaurant. Oh, and his favorite movie is based on a book Nicholas Sparks wrote-"

"The Best of Me? The Notebook? Message in a Bottle? The Last Song? Safe Haven? The Lucky One? A Walk to Remember? Nights in Rodanthe? Dear John? The Choice? The Longest Ride? Deliverance Creek?... I think that's all." I say.

"And how the hell do you know that?" Raini asks, giving me her creeped out look.

"Uh, I love romantic movie, Raini, where the hell have you been?" I ask.

"Safe Haven or A Walk to Remember." Laura mumbles, biting her lip.

"My cousin, Julianne Hough, is in Safe Haven-" I begin to say, but she cuts me off.

"Yup, then it's Safe Haven. He went on and on about how he absolutely loved Julianne and Derek's dancing and both their acting." I furrow my eyebrows. "And he has a little sister who's a little younger than us and she loves R5, so I told him we're best friends again and he'd love it if you'd see his little sister."

"Wait, so you've already talked to him before?" I ask.

"Oh, we ran into each other the other week at The Grove and I guess he kept asking Vanessa about me. So yeah." That's when I tune out her conversation and start to text Ryland.