20 | Talk Shows

I'm What You're Missing: 20 | Talk Shows
| Ross Lynch |

"Please welcome... Ross Lynch from R5 and Laura Marano!" And that's our cue. Laura and I walk out, hearing the small-ish crowd cheer for us. I give a few waves before letting Laura sit down before me on the couch beside Ellen. "Wow, it's so good to see the both of you!" Laura laughs and leans back, to which I just smile and nod.

"It's so nice to see you! I haven't seen you in like... a year?" Laura questions, fixing her dress. Laura looks so fucking hot, I literally can't handle it right now.

"Well uh, a year and four months, but who's counting." Ellen says, laughs all around. "So, you two together?" She immediately asks, crossing her legs. I look and Laura and laugh, shaking my head no.

"No, just best friends." I say, giving Ellen a smile.

"So... no feelings for each other?" She adds, looking between the two of us. "You don't even think she's gorgeous?" She asks, looking at me like I'm an idiot. I laugh and put my hands up in surrender.

"No no, Laura's stunning and all. And talented." I say. Laura laughs.

"Aw, Ross!" She says, nudging my ribs. "He's so sweet." She says, looking at Ellen.

"Okay, since you two are clearly crazy about each other," she pauses and laughs, "what about the single? Did you record it together, separately, did you guys write it together? Give us the details."

"We did write the song together, mostly at his apartment. But we did not record it together. Our schedules were crazy and we weren't both free at one time to record so we just did it separately." Laura explains. Busy my ass. I nod along.

"What inspired you two to write We Don't Talk Anymore?" Laura turns and looks at me, raising an eyebrow.

"Um, I was actually brainstorming with my brothers and Rocky, my older brother, asked what I felt like after Austin and Ally ended... basically, it's my feelings and Laura sorta put herself in my shoes." Laura furrows her eyebrows and looks at me.

"Whoa, you never told me it was about what you felt like after Austin and Ally ended." Ellen Oh's, and then looks at me.

"Okay, long story short, I may have been in love with Laura during Austin and Ally, our Disney Channel show we did together, and... yeah. But that's in the past." I quickly say, hoping Ellen doesn't press on the subject.

"Huh, well, seams to me like you still love her but uh, moving on!" She turns towards the camera. "Ross and Laura will be performing their new song, We Don't Talk Anymore after the commercial!" Laura and I stand up just as they call break. Technically this isn't live, but we do get like a few minute breaks here and there.

"You ready?" She asks, giving me a smile.

"I guess." I whisper, adjusting the microphone.

"I am so glad to present these next performers who have come incredibly far in these past ten years. Please welcome Laura Marano and Ross Lynch singing, We Don't Talk Anymore." The wall opens up and Laura and I look at each other.

"We don't talk anymore. We don't talk anymore. We don't talk anymore Like we used to do. We don't laugh anymore. What was all of it for. Ohh, we don't talk anymore, like we used to do..." We both sing. I wink at Laura as she does her solo.