Chapter 4- Monday Brings More Curses

"Let me jump off this stupid roof!" I shouted as I began to climb over the railings of our roof. I had my eyes all red and puffy from all the crying and I was hell bent on jumping off this rooftop today. Nothing could stop me now.

In the distance, I heard Sydney scream at Caleb to do something, he said something to her which I couldn't make out but I was just a moment away from complete freedom. I wouldn't have to live this embarrassment ever again.

I felt mom tug me towards her while I struggled to just get over the stupid railing. I looked down at the height of our house which was considerably enough to kill me in one jump and if it didn't, I'd get back up and jump off this stupid roof again. The neighbors had gathered and were busy watching with horror as I was trying to end my life.

I could just see the headlines in tomorrow's newspapers. ' Extra, Extra. Local girl commits suicide because of eternal humiliation'. People would remember me as the most humiliated girl of the century. I would win awards for just embarrassing myself without even trying.

"Look, Jade. Suicide is never the answer." I heard Sydney speak calmly to me as her hair flew all over the place and she tried to come close to me. Mom was holding me tightly and I had to admit. The woman was strong, I don't know when she got this strong.

"Just let me go. I can't live anymore."

"No, sweetie. Don't do this. Let's just talk about what happened." Mom suggested as she kept her hold on me by my waist while Sydney was busy trying to make me re-think my decision.

Let's freeze this over here. This is not the way my day started. My day had actually started on a positive note. I wasn't trying to commit suicide either, so let's go back to the morning and just continue from there. Shall we?

5 hours earlier:

"Mom, have you seen my striped polo shirt?" I asked as I rummaged through my closet searching for it. I had my lucky jeans on and was just missing my lucky polo shirt. Today was the day, I had to present my project in front of the whole class and I was really nervous. I was never great with all the attention on me and I have a really horrible experience of presenting something in front of the whole class.

I wanted to have all the luck I could get on my side and I was going to do anything to find that damn polo shirt.

"Have you checked your boxer drawers, you always put that shirt in those drawers!?" I blushed a deep color of red as I stood up to go towards my boxer drawers. And as mom said, it was in these drawers. "Thanks mom, for telling everyone that I wear boxers!" I yelled back as I rolled my eyes afterwards getting a 'you're welcome' from mom.

"Ha ha, you wear boxers." Caleb spoke as he passed my room and I just rolled my eyes at his immature behavior.

I quickly wore it and a satisfied smile came on my face as I examined myself in my closet mirror with a satisfied smirk gracing my face. "You look pretty amazing, if I must say."

"Who are you talking to?" I jumped in surprise and glared towards the doorway where Caleb stood smirking in my direction. Great, now he's gonna make fun of me for talking to myself. "Shut up." He just laughed before he went back to his room, maybe to get his car keys, since he was gonna drop me off at school. My car hadn't yet come in and I was still pretty confused as to why it didn't. It had been weeks since we moved to this town and it doesn't take weeks to get a stupid car transported from one place to another.

I grabbed my backpack from beside my bed and made my way downstairs where I could perfectly smell the cooked eggs. Walking into the kitchen, I smiled towards mom who was setting the eggs and toast on the dining table. I sat down in one of the chairs and began to eat as Caleb came back down again.