Chapter 9 - How To Kiss A Paper Bag?

"You go." Tim nudged me as I groaned. I didn't want to go. "I have a paper bag over my head, what will her parents even think?" I whispered harshly to him, keeping in mind that Paige was asleep in the back seat.

"You're the one with a crush on her. Be a good crush now." He smirked when I groaned and blushed at the same time.

"Fuck you."

"Ew, better not."

Face-palming myself, I slapped him on the arm before getting out of the car. I took in a lungful of fresh air before opening the back-seat door and taking the heavy sleeping body of Paige out.

Now, that I was holding her properly, I could feel how heavy she really was.

Although, I didn't want to call her fat or make her feel that way, I still wanted her to be awake so that she could just walk by herself to her own house.

One thing that I hated was meeting anyone's parents. I hadn't even met Tim's parents yet and he was my best-est friend in the world.

I tried not to let go of Paige's body, even when my hands were shaking terribly.

Walking over to the front door of her medium-sized house, I gulped a million times, trying to get my throat to not feel like it would just close up and no words would come out.

It was only when I had reached the front door when Paige began to struggle in my hold.

Oh no, oh no!

I could hear my arms whimpering at the excessive weight of her struggling and before I knew it, I had let her go and she was now on the stoned pathway that was in front of her house, and did I mention that she was now wide awake? No, well, she was.

"Ouch!"

"I'm so sorry, but you were struggling and you're really heavy!"

She looked up at me with her eyes still drooping a little, before giving me a glare, and offering her hand to me. "H-Help me up."

I immediately helped her up and dusted her off. She continued to glare at me and soothed her butt.

Her actions made me want to laugh at her but I controlled the urge. "W—where am I?" She slurred as she looked around. I coughed before speaking, "at your house."

Her head turned to me abruptly and she groaned loudly. "But I wanted to dance some more."

I shook my head, not wanting her to go back to that stupid party where Darren was gonna dance with her again, and then I'd be jealous even when she wasn't my girlfriend or anything.

"You need rest."

She shook her head this time before stepping a bit close to me. My breath hitched when she spoke her next sentence. "B-but, I wanted to d-dance with you." Even though, her words were a bit slurred and whiny, my heart picked up its pace.

She wanted to dance with me?

"Um-uh." Great, my inability to form words was back.

"I k-know you wanted to dance with me too. Because you have a teeny-weeny crush on me." She poked at my shoulder as my breath hitched completely and I felt heat come up to my cheeks. Teeny-weeny? I'd say, very huge.

Wait, how did she even know that I had a crush on her?

"Uh, h-how did you know that?" She smiled widely before shaking her head. "You do have a crush on me!"

Face-palming myself for telling her that I had a crush on her, I grabbed her arms and took her to her house's front door. "You should go inside."

I was about to walk back to Tim's car, but I was pulled back and pushed up against the wall beside the front door. "I-I really want to kiss you now."