Chapter 29: Who Needs Music.

Tim patted Paige's back, who had been continuously crying in his chest for the past few minutes. Zoe was passing her friend tissues while Julian looked amused as to how Jade had picked Bridget over Paige.

"How can she choose Bridget over me, I thought she loved me!" Paige wailed loudly as she cried in Tim's chest, who was trying very hard not to smack the girl behind her head. He had a hunch that something like this was gonna happen.

It was partly his fault that he dragged Paige away from Bridget while the two were walking back to the gym. He had thought that Paige was Bridget in the purple dress that she was wearing and had dragged her away to a class before Paige had told him that she was in fact Paige, and not Bridget.

Oh, that was confusing to write.

Tim wanted to talk to Bridget about how she hadn't asked Jade out to prom and had sacrificed her last chance. He wanted to comfort her but he had no idea that Paige would be the one to need comforting that night.

The music had turned to upbeat songs again as many students were still grooving with their dates on the dance floor. There was only a little time left before the announcement of prom king and queen was to be made.

But, no one seemed to care about that since they were enjoying themselves and unsurprisingly, people were still hung up on what happened between Paige and Bridget, as a few students looked at a crying Paige.

"It's gonna be okay, Paige." Zoe comforted but Paige wasn't listening because she knew that nothing was going to be okay. Jade didn't love her anymore. She knew that it was to good to be true that even after being so distant with the girl, she had a chance of being close to her again.

A part of her had already accepted how she had lost to Bridget, but her heart wasn't ready to let go of Jade. She really did love Jade even when she hadn't acknowledged the fact sooner, but now, it was somewhat useless. She knew the second that she had seen the two dancing so close to each other, that she had lost Jade.

And when they had kissed, she was sure of it.

Even when Jade had cleared up the misunderstanding that she thought that Bridget was Paige, but the words that Jade had exclaimed just before running after Bridget were still stuck in Paige's head.

"Okay now, peeps!" The principal had grabbed everyone's attention in the gym as he smiled widely at his students and faculty members. "It's time to reveal the prom King and Queen, can I get a whoop!"

He got nothing but a cough which was accidental, but his cheery attitude didn't seem the least bit fazed.

"Okay then. Can I have the student committee leader on stage, please?"

Janet smiled awkwardly as she got up on the stage and came to stand beside the principal. A teacher came up to the stage as well with two crowns and two sashes.

Tim looked towards the stage, since he already knew who the king was gonna be. A smirk made its way to his lips as he glanced at Julian, who returned his smirk.

"So, first off, all, we'll announce the lucky King of prom, who gets ultimate bragging rights as well as two free tickets to go see any movie!" The principal's excitement returned and it was like the students were all shocked by the revelation that there were going to be gifts given too.

"What?" Tim sharply whispered as he looked at Julian, who was already laughing his butt off. Paige, who had transferred to Zoe's chest from Tim's, didn't care what was going around her anymore.

"The Prom King is... Jade Phyllis Bryan?" The principal looked at the card in his hands and frowned. There was something wrong here.

And there was. Everyone now knew Jade's middle name. I guess, there was no escaping from that reality.