Chapter 27: Purple

The night had turned out horrible, as Jade sat next to a frowning Paige in the limo that Paige had booked. The limo was – at the moment – driving towards Tim's house to pick him and Zoe up, who was already with the said boy.

It wasn't Jade's fault though that she had misunderstood what she had seen in the mall.

Turns out, Paige was wearing a baby pink backless dress which looked really sexy on Paige, but looked awfully revealing for Jade, who really didn't mind since she could look at Paige's creamy skin.

And while Paige was wearing pink and white, Jade – however – was wearing a bit too contrasting.

Her purple suit and silver tie didn't match with Paige's pink and white dress at all, and that was what made Paige angry in the first place.

And while Paige was angry, Jade's mother was furious. She had grabbed Jade by the ear, the second she opened the door for Paige and saw her dress, and scolded her in front of her date.

Caleb watched with amusement as he took in the awfully mismatching couple.

Olivia kept glaring at her daughter even when she took the pair's photographs.

Paige had kept her cool while at her date's house since she didn't want Jade's mom to see her angry and sad at the same time because of how Jade had matched herself with Bridget by an honest mistake.

She had heard how Jade had mistaken the dress in Paige's hands to be hers and had then bought a suit accordingly. But, whenever Paige looked at Jade, she was reminded of how they didn't look good together.

"Paige, I'm sorry." Jade mumbled again as she glanced at the blonde girl, who was staring out of the window while her hand played with the purple corsage on her wrist.

The blonde hummed as she heard Jade's apology again. She did feel sorry for Jade, since Jade also felt awkward because of how off the two looked together with their odd color combinations, but she couldn't help but feel the insecurity just bubbling up inside her.

"It's okay, Jade." She mumbled once again as she kept her eyes trained out the window. Jade sighed as she leaned back in the seat, turning to look out the window as well.

It was only after a few minutes that the limo halted its movement in front of a house, and almost immediately Tim and Zoe were entering the vehicle.

Both had wide smiles on their faces and they looked great too, with Tim's suit matching Zoe's peach colored dress.

Jade greeted them with a smile as she stared at the couple, who had noticed her and Paige after being seated in front of them. Tim immediately placed a hand on his mouth as the limo began to move again with the school building as the final destination.

Zoe's eyebrows connected and she ran her eyes over the pair's attire. It was finally Tim who had broken the silence with his loud annoying laugh, as he slapped his knee a few times. Zoe tried giving him a glare but couldn't control herself any longer as she burst out into laughter too.

Jade bowed her head as she blushed in embarrassment while Paige frowned at the two-laughing couple. "Shut up." Paige grumbled as she gave Tim and Zoe her best glare which was enough to stop them from laughing but not from making fun of them.

"Why are you wearing different colors?" Zoe asked as she wiped a few stray tears, with an amused smile on her face.

Jade looked up at her best friend and his date before sighing, "I misunderstood the color of Paige's dress."