Chapter 23: Disturbance

"I don't want to talk to you." Paige said as soon as she saw Bridget walk up to her in the parking lot after school. "The feeling is mutual." Bridget sassed as she crossed her arms and stood waiting for the guy who had called the two of them to meet him in the parking lot after school.

"What does he want to talk to us about?" Paige wondered aloud as she glanced at the dark-haired girl, her eyes running over the black tresses that once were blonde just like hers.

"For someone who doesn't want to talk to me, you sure are trying to talk to me." Bridget pointed out and smirked which made Paige blush.

It would've been a lie if Paige said that she didn't miss her best friend, because she really did feel a little lonely without the now dark-haired girl.

"Sorry." Paige mumbled while Bridget chuckled. "It's okay. We both have gone through some stuff."

Even though Bridget had gone through more stuff than Paige, but she wasn't about to admit that out loud, and let Paige know about the many insecurities she herself held inside.

"You look good with black hair." Bridget's hand unconsciously went to her hair as she smiled and nodded appreciatingly at the blonde. "I dyed it back because of Jade."

A silence fell upon the two girls as they looked away from each other.

The silence, however, didn't last long since Tim had walked over to them with a huge smile as he stretched his arms outwards and embraced both the girls at the same time. "My two second favorite girls, you both know who the first is, right?" Tim joked as he broke off the hug and immediately gulped when he saw the annoyed looks on the two girls' faces.

"Why did you want to talk to us, Timothy?" Bridget asked as she crossed her arms, with a glare still on her face, while Paige stood only glaring at the boy.

"Oh, come on, call me Tim, we used to be good friends back in 8th grade." Tim laughed nervously.

"In 8th grade." Bridget rolled her eyes at the memory that re-surfaced, before she sighed. "Just get to the point."

Tim frowned as he looked around the parking lot, as if inspecting his surroundings and checking if there was anyone that would listen to their conversation.

"Who's gonna ask Jade to the prom?" Tim asked once he had done looking around the parking lot. "Cause god knows that girl won't ask anyone on her own and just stay at home that night."

The question caught the two girls' off guard as one blushed while the other frowned. "What do you mean who? It's pretty clear that I will ask her." Bridget spoke with the frown still in place.

Paige looked at Bridget before she sighed and nodded at Tim, showing him that she agreed with Bridget.

"Um, Bridget, no offense but she still likes Paige." Tim spoke with an apologetic smile which made Bridget sigh in defeat. It wasn't something that hadn't happened before to Bridget where she had been in the same situation. She knew all to well how everything was going to turn out but she tried to fight for Jade either way.

"I don't care. It's not like Jade has rejected me yet." Bridget spoke as she looked at Tim, who glanced at Paige before sighing, "Okay, you can try to ask her then, but if Jade says no, you have to back out and let Paige get her back."

Now, Bridget was in a tough situation, and this surely hadn't happened before. Before, Paige had backed out completely when it came to Tim, but this time Paige was still in the game and she wanted to redeem herself.

Bridget was at a loss of words for a while before she nodded stiffly.

Paige, who felt a little happy at having a chance to get Jade back, smiled gratefully towards Tim.