Chapter 24: The Weird Feelings

The count down for prom had officially started and the tickets had gone up for sale. Tim had told me how he had gotten the tickets earlier – it was because of a guy who was on the student committee who owed Tim for something that he had done.

I rolled my eyes at the excitement of the students and the decorations that were being put up by mostly everyone. Classes had been dismissed by the "cool" principal, who had graced us with his presence, and I had to admit that he surely was a very fascinating fellow.

Half of his hair was pink, and the other half was shaved. I would've laughed at him if he hadn't looked so good with that weird hair-do.

The only problem with everything was how he had ordered everyone to participate in the process of 'making prom into prom' whatever the hell that meant.

Amongst "everyone", Tim and I were also included and we didn't really like decorating and stuff.

Paige and Zoe were already volunteering to decorate the gym, so we were also a little guilt-tripped into helping out.

The gym was full with equipment for decoration when Tim and I entered it. I immediately found Zoe and Paige, in the mass of students, by the stage. They were painting a banner, I believe.

I smiled at how cute Paige looked concentrating on the piece of clothe before my attention was captured by a certain dark-haired girl, who was sitting beside boxes of stringed bulbs. I watched as she looked annoyingly at the bulbs since they kept getting tangled.

My lips spread in a smile as I just stood there staring at her struggling. She looked cuter than anything then. I wondered why there was no one helping her out.

"I'm gonna go help Zoe out!" Tim yelled to me from a few feet away making me switch my attention to him. I was shocked at how he had already sprung into action and was now beside Zoe, helping her out.

Ugh, that boy was hopeless now.

Ditching his best friend just to spend time with the girl he liked. Yep, definitely hopeless.

I stood in the middle of all the work, feeling lost since I didn't know who to help out. Everyone looked fine doing work by themselves, or maybe I just didn't want to do anything because of my laziness.

I smiled evilly before going over to sit on the bleachers. Deciding to take a little nap, I laid myself down and took a sigh of relief.

No classes, no work. I could just rest up. Nothing was better than sleeping at school, honestly. But before I could even close my eyes, I had a girl standing over me with her arms crossed.

Sitting up from my lying position, I gave her an annoyed look, and got one in return. "And what are you doing?"

I frowned as I saw the badge on her dress, Committee Leader.

"I was about to take a nap." It was as if a switch was turned in the girl's head as she pulled me up by my arm and pushed me towards a specific direction. That direction being Bridget's.

I frowned as I glared at her. Rude much!

"Go help Bridget out, and make sure to not sleep." She commanded as she walked away from me while mumbling profanities. I would've wrestled with her if she wasn't the committee leader.

Turning to look at Bridget, who was still unboxing strings of lights, I sighed loudly. Let's just get this over with.

Maybe I could even find out the reason behind her avoiding me.

Walking over to the dark-haired girl, I smiled a little seeing her still struggling. She looked like she was ready to give up at any time.

"You need help." I chuckled once I got to her, and she looked up at me since she was sitting on the floor. "I don't." She glared at me before going back to fighting with the strings of lights.