Chapter 8 - Things Turn Terrible

"Hey, we're having a party over at Todd's house, you should come?" I heard a boy say to Paige, who was currently with me inside of her car. We were done with another day of school – hell – and she was going to drop me off home before going back to her own.

I rolled my eyes, when the boy, who was leaned down to be level with the car, gave me a look. I could not tell you how much I wanted to wipe that look off of his face with a wet wipe, and then spit on it before rubbing it with his t-shirt, and then finally, slap his face to bring a shine to it.

Smirking at my thoughts, I had zoned out of the conversation that Paige and the boy were sharing now.

"Uh – no. I don't feel like partying." Paige mumbled with an apologetic smile, which wasn't genuine at all, but it fooled him anyway, and then made him determined to make the blonde come to the party.

"Oh, come on. Just for a while. You could bring Piss Pants over as well." My eyebrow raised from behind my paper bag, while Paige glanced at me with a genuine apologetic smile. Piss Pants? If it wasn't being used to make fun of me, I would've admitted to him about how creative and original it was. But, then again, I didn't want to seem like I enjoyed them making fun of me, so I stayed silent.

Paige seemed hesitant in her answer, but then she nodded her head in agreement. The boy smiled wide before he gave her the whereabouts of this Todd person's house, which was – according to the boy – completely rad.

We were now on the road, on our way to my house, with silence covering the confines of the car. Paige seemed fidgety in her seat, while I kept my hands to myself, and not on the radio.

The silence was killing me, and I could kill to have music fill this large gaping hole of silence and brooding. My foot tapped impatiently as I wished for my house to come soon enough for me to survive this assault of nothingness that was covering the car's interior.

Sighing, I chose to talk to the blonde to fill the silence, "So..."

Paige glance at me, before she turned back to the road, making me sigh again.

"Um – I'm trying to talk to you." I muttered unintelligently and watched as she nodded her head in acknowledgement. "I know."

"So... are you gonna go to the party?" Honestly speaking, I was hella curious about her going over to this Todd's house, and dancing herself out. She, on the other hand, I guess, felt nothing but dread.

"No. I hate parties." I nodded, already knowing why.

Paige didn't drink nor dance, neither did she like being surrounded by people, and not to mention that the people surrounding her are drunk and sweaty, and hormonal. She would rather stay home then to attend some lame party that was gonna be dance, dance, drink, puke, and repeat.

Even I don't like going to parties, so, I knew her reasons.

"Do you – um, do you want to go?" She glanced at me for more than a second, and I became worried about my life more than the answer I should give to her. Was I supposed to say yes, or no? Did she want to go to the party if I'd go with her?

Even though, it was only my imagination talking, but then again, it would be pretty awesome if I was the reason why Paige went to this party in the first place.

"Do you want me to go?" She fidgeted a little before she quickly glanced at me. "No." I was a bit taken back by her answer before I realized that I was just expecting something that was quite far too reach.

I stayed silent after that, not wanting my disappointment to be clear in my words. The silence surrounded us as she drove and after a long while, I was grateful to see my house come in view.