Chapter 12

"They fucking kissed!?" Harry growls through the phone causing Louis to giggle.

"Yeah! Awesome right? Liam's finally going to start smiling again. He deserves it."

But why Niall? Harry thinks, wanting to go over there and bash his head in.

"Niall though!?" He growls unable to stop himself.

"Harry." Louis snaps, "Stop. He deserves to be happy. You're being selfish trying to keep him for yourself when you're with Cara."

"That's not what I'm doing!" Harry roars, slamming his fist on the counter top.

"Harry." Louis snaps again, "I see the way you look at him! It's so clear that you still love him, and you think he can't see it in your eyes? You're possessive over someone who isn't yours anymore while you're shagging and falling in love with Cara." Louis growls and Harry feels his anger boiling over.

"Fuck! I don't want Liam!" He yells again, slamming his fists on the counter again.

Louis huffs, "Talk to me when you've seen your anger management counselor, and decide you're done being a savage."

Harry growls as his bestfriend hangs up the phone.

He paces his kitchen floor and fumes, as his phone rings and he sees a tweet from Niall.

"@NiallOfficial:

Out with the babe @Real_Liam_Payne ! :) xx"

He watches as the Retweets and Mentions pile on and feels his temperature rise.

He can't just replace me with Niall! That's what he's doing. Replacing me.

While you'll replacing him with Cara, his subconscious reminds him. He ignores it and dials Niall's number.

"Hey lad. What's up?" Niall answers on the third ring and he hears Liam's beautiful laugh in the background.

"Hey Niall. I just wanted to let you know to be careful with Liam. It's none of my business, but don't let him make you his rebound. I don't want you getting hurt." He attempts to sound as sincere as possible, hoping to keep the acid from dripping out of his voice.

Niall huffs, "Thanks anyway lad. We're doing fine."

He can hear the agitation in Niall's voice and he sighs, "Alright lad. See you Friday."

"Not this Friday. I'm taking Liam to America for the weekend." 

Harry frowns, "Where? Why?"

"Harry. You don't own Liam. I'm taking him to Hawaii until Monday night. He wants to go, and if he decides he wants to stay, then we'll stay." Niall spits over the phone, probably running his hands through his hair.

"It was a simple question." Harry spits back, clenching his fist.

"Here's a simple statement." Niall growls, "See you Monday."

Liam looks at Niall worriedly as he strips and prepares to shower. "What's wrong Ni?"

He watches Niall grab a towel from the closet, and wrap it around his waist after letting his briefs slide down his legs.

He sighs before turning to Liam to answer, "Harry thinks he owns you."

Liam looks down at his fingers, "He was always a little jealous.." 

Niall looks at him, shaking his head before walking into the bathroom. "When I get out, if you want me to cook, just make sure you have everything on the counter." He sighs, and Liam nods before walking away.

He lets the towel drop before stepping into the shower, and turning on the warm water.

It's only been two days since they kissed, and Harry is already starting to "Claim" Liam. He frowns to himself.

He knew Harry would do this, but they aren't even dating, so nobody OWNS Liam. 

He thinks about how Harry called him a rebound as he lathers his hair with shampoo. It's been months since Liam and Harry were together, but only a week since Liam started smiling again.

He sighs, and rests his head on the wall under the shower, letting the hot water run down his back. 

"I love Liam, but I refuse to be his rebound." He says to himself.

After thinking about Liam and Harry's situation, he turns off the water and grabs a towel. He hangs it loosely around his waist before going down to the kitchen to see Liam in the fridge. 

He turns around quickly, and his eyes widen at the sight of Niall standing before him dripping wet, only in a towel.

Niall gives him a lazy smile before picking him up and placing him on the counter. He spreads his legs and moves in between them. He leans up quickly to give Liam a rough kiss, and Liam's hands soon clasp down on his neck, holding him in place.

Niall slowly slips his tongue into Liam's mouth, as Liam's hands roam over Niall's glistening chest.

He moans slowly as he feels Niall's hands skim over the top of his erection. 

Niall smiles into the kiss and moves away, leaving Niall breathless.

"I can be territorial too." He grins before going back to the bedroom to put clothes on, leaving Liam wide-eyed and breathless.