part four

Atticus sat next to Neville in their Defense Against the Dark Arts class. Except, now it wasn't Defense Against the Dark Arts, it was just Dark Arts. Amycus Carrow was their new teacher. He was a vile being, taking joy in watching the children who resided in his class squirm during his "lessons". Lessons of torture, dark magic, and other vile things were thrown at them. She thought back to the previous night with Ginny and Neville.

"What are supposed to do about this?" Ginny questioned Atticus while they were seated in the common room the previous night. Neville sat quietly on the floor in front of the girls staring blankly into the fire.

"We take charge." Neville said breaking their thought process.

"How so?" Atticus asked.

"We rebel. We stand for what we believe is right. We stand for Harry. We stand for the wizarding world. We stand for us." Neville said passionately. Ginny nodded in agreement.

"I'm in." Ginny said.

Atticus grinned at both of the Gryffindors that sat with her. "Let's make Hogwarts proud. Do you still have your coins from the D.A.?"

They both nodded at her. "I'll send out a message, we will meet in the Room of Requirement and discuss more about this, okay?" They both nodded once more and retreated back to their rooms.

"Atticus, c'mon we will be late." Neville rushed her, trying to get out of the class as soon as possible. Atticus gathered her things quickly and together they rushed to meet Luna and Ginny at the Room of Requirement. When Atticus entered, all of the original D.A. members stood together. Some looked battered and bruised (probably from the Carrows). Others looked tired and weak, even scared. She smiled softly at the familiar and unfamiliar faces around the room. They stood around herself, Luna, Ginny and Neville, waiting for someone to explain why they were there.

Atticus stepped forward and took a deep breath. She stood up a bit straighter and held her head high.

"For those of you who don't know why we are here, please listen up. In our fifth year, we started a club called Dumbledore's Army. While Umbridge was playing tyrant, we would gather in this room and learn. Harry Potter would teach us how to defend ourselves from the now reality we have to face. We have called you here, because we need to unite. We need to protect our home from these intruders." She paused and glanced at the faces around her.

"We have to protect those who can't protect themselves. Together, we have to take back what is ours. Together, we have to put a stop to these intruders. Take a look around you. Some of you have already had a taste of the oppression we are now having forced upon us. Who here has been beaten, or tortured by the death eaters around the castle?" She watched as hands slowly raised.

"How many more people have to be hexed for someone to do something about it? Hogwarts has been corrupted and we are the only ones who can do anything about it. Now, who is with us?"

She watched as her fellow students raised their hands, wishing to join their movement. Atticus smiled at them all, pride running through her veins. "Those who have the coins, keep them. I will send information about the next meeting and please tell those who don't have a coin. In the meantime, gather round and listen well. This is what we will do."

Atticus began to explain their plan of attack. It wasn't much, just simple tagging of the walls, but it was a start. At the meeting was ending, Atticus stayed behind. She sat on the floor of the room and grabbed her parchment and quill.

To The Boy Who Would Be Proud,

It's happening. The DA is back in action. We are doing what we can to show the death eaters in the castle that we won't be silent. We refuse to be silent.

You would be proud of us. At least I'd think you would be.

I hope you and the others are doing well. It feels cold without you. Every time you would be near me, there was a warmth that no other could replace.

I used to depend on you a lot. I'd depend you to help me come out of my shell. But, seeing as you aren't here, I have to step forward. I have to be a leader for us. I can't be the shy girl I was when we first met. I have to push my needs aside and put Hogwarts first. I will protect the students who can't protect themselves. I will show everyone why I was placed into Gryffindor.

I love you, Harry. Forever and Always.

Love,

Atticus

A/N:

does this even make since? i hope this does bc i honestly really love it. expect a huge change for atticus. next chapter has some shit going down lmaoooooo

until next time

xx