part eighteen

A/N:

read the note at the end, enjoy!

There is a story in Greek mythology. A story of Orpheus and Eurydice. Orpheus and Eurydice were married, but later in the evening of their wedding night, Eurydice is bit by a snake and dies. Overcome with grief, Orpheus travels to the Underworld to bring her back to life. He convinces Hades and Persephone to let Eurydice go, but her release comes with a catch: Eurydice must walk behind him as they ascend to the upper world, and Orpheus is forbidden from looking at her. Orpheus agreed, seeing as the task was thought to be very simple.

But, is anything ever simple?

Unfortunately, Orpheus is overcome with passion just as they reach the exit. He turns to look at Eurydice and she is immediately sent back to the Underworld forever. This story is a tale of star-crossed lovers: doomed from the start.

This was something the Harry Potter and Atticus Wilde could relate to. A tragic love story, doomed from the very beginning. But, they didn't know what was to come.

No one is ever prepared for tragedy.

The battle of Hogwarts began with a bang, quite literally. After Snape had fled the grounds when professor McGonagall disarmed him, They gathered together only to be shocked be the malicious voice of Lord Voldemort.

"I know that many of you will want to fight. Some of you may even think this wise. But this is folly." Voldemort's voice echoed throughout everyone's head causing them to cringe in pain.

"I wish you no harm. I have great respect for the students of Hogwarts. I was once one myself after all. I ask for but one thing and if granted no magical blood shall be spilt." He paused letting his words hang thickly in the air around them. "Give me Harry Potter. Do this and none shall be harmed. Give me Harry Potter and I shall leave Hogwarts untouched. Give me Harry Potter and you will be rewarded." He continued causing the people surrounding Harry to glance at him.

"But he's there! Potter's there! Someone grab him!" Pansy Parkinson barked out, jabbing a finger in his direction. Atticus reacted by stepping in front of his protectively, her wand drawn. One by one, students from the houses faced the Slytherin students, as if daring them to try something.

With the Slytherin students being escorted to the dungeons by Mr. Filch who had busted into the Great Hall shouting about students being out of bed, McGonagall turned towards Harry. 

"I assume there is a reason for your return, what is it you need, Potter?" 

"Time, as much as you can give me."

McGonagall nodded and proceeded to tell Harry to do what he needs while she and other D.A. members secured the castle.

Atticus turned to face Harry and the others. "I'm going with them, I know what you have to do, please, be careful. Don't die on me today, Potter."  Harry smiled at her and gingerly pulled her towards him, interlocking their lips. The kiss was feverish and quick, but it was all Atticus needed.

"I'll see you soon, darling."

Harry swiftly walked away from her with Hermione and Ron trailing behind him. Atticus smiled softly at his retreating figure and turned to join the others who were reciting protections around the castle.

When the protection shield around the castle fell, everything began to fall apart. Dark wizards seem to come from every direction and those fighting fought with all they had. Some gave their lives, but there was no time to mourn. Not until this damned war was won. Atticus threw as many curses as she possibly could, trying to protect those who were unsuspecting. 

That was until she was hit in the back by a hex, causing her to fly forwards to the feet of Alecto Carrow.  Atticus's lip curled at the sight of one of the teachers who had caused her so much pain during the year. She gripped her wand and shouted, "CONFRINGO!" As loud as she could, causing Alecto to fly into a nearby wall and be knocked unconscious on impact. She smirked and quickly turned to the remaining Carrow who was charging towards Atticus.

"EXPULSO!" SHe shouted, also blowing away Amycus, causing the rubble of the wall he hit to collapse on him. She smiled pleased with herself. Quickly getting to her feet, she rushed to the aid of the others who were fighting.

Harry rushed forward, narrowly avoiding the bodies around him, trying to search for Atticus. "Neville, Ginny! Are you alright?" He shouts when he spotted them.

"Never better! Have you seen Luna?" He asked with a smile showing his blackened teeth. 

"Luna?"

"I'm mad for her! Think it's about time I told her, seeing as there's a pretty good chance we'll both be dead by dawn." He rushed off in search for the blonde girl. Harry and Ginny's eyes met and he opened his mouth to ask her if she had seen Atticus when she cut him off. 

"No, last I heard she was fighting off the Carrows. Near the courtyard, I believe." Harry nodded and turned to rush away. While Harry was running towards the Courtyard, he noticed a flurish of brown hair and bright eyes shouting hexes alongside Cho Chang and Padma Patil. 

"Atticus!" He called as he ran, pushing through the crowds of people, she turned her head and met his eye. She moved away from the girls and rushed towards him. She pressed her lips to him in a hurried kiss. 

"Go, i love you." 

Harry nodded with a sad smile and kissed her soot covered forehead. He rushed away, going to the Room of Requirement.

She would see him again. She knew that she would.

A/N:

i feel like i just spoiled the rest of the book :(((((((( also i lied the next chapter should be the last! then an epilogue!

until next time

xx