part five

The halls of Hogwarts were littered with tags. Ones that read "Long Live Harry Potter", or "We are still here." These were just constant reminders to those who doubted Dumbledore's Army that they wouldn't back down.

The death eaters inside the school started to crack down on the students. The punishments were becoming harsher. They would chain the students up in the Great Hall and torture them relentlessly. It was awful to see the terrified and tired faces of those who suffered.

Atticus had enough. She wasn't going to stand around and watch as others were taken and harmed for little things. Atticus was seated in her Muggle Studies class which was now taught by Alecto Carrow, sister of Amycus. Alecto preached about the dirtiness and stupidity of muggles. She preached about the superiority the wizarding kin had over muggles. It was disgusting and Atticus wouldn't stand for it.

"Muggles-" Alecto spit the name out as if it were poisonous. "They are scum, worthless. They hold no importance to the world. Petty little things muggles are. Who here can tell me why there shouldn't be any muggles?" Alecto rhetorically questioned. She cackled at the sight of the shocked faces around her class.

"You!" She pointed to Lavender Brown who whimpered at the sudden attention. She stayed silent, refusing to answer. Alecto growled in annoyance. Rushing forward, she grabbed Lavender's arm tightly. "Answer me child!"

Atticus stood up quickly, ignoring Seamus and Neville's protest.

"That's enough!" Atticus shouted at Alecto. Whipping her head towards Atticus, she smiled bitterly.

"And, who are you?" Alecto questioned sinisterly. Atticus stood up straighter, never breaking eye contact with Alecto.

"C'mon now, doll, you had no problem interrupting me just a second ago. Why so silent?" Alecto asked creeping closer to her. Atticus moved her head away from Alecto's hand.

"That's because I didn't want to hear any of the bloody rubbish you were speaking." There was a snap and Atticus felt a stinging pain in her cheek. She spat on the floor, trying to get the blood out of her mouth.

"HOW DARE YOU SPEAK TO ME LIKE THIS. DIDN'T YOUR MOTHER TEACH YOU TO RESPECT YOUR ELDERS?" Alecto screeched. Atticus falsely laughed and turned her head slowly back to Alecto.

"I don't respect monsters." Another snap was heard and gasps erupted from the class. Cho Chang was trying to hold Neville back and Parvati Patil was holding Seamus tightly by the arm.

"To the Great Hall. NOW." Atticus walked with her head held high, turning back slightly to give Neville and Seamus a slight nod of reassurance. She was pushed to go quicker and complied. When she reached the hall, she was pushed against the wall and chained up.

"I'll show you what it means to be a monster." Alecto laughed out bitterly. "Just you wait."

Atticus hadn't been seen since her outburst in class and Ginny was worried out of her wits. That was until they gathered in the Great Hall for dinner. There, Neville pointed out Atticus whose head hung down, hiding her wounds.

"LISTEN UP!" Alecto shouted, immediately silenceing the already fearful students.

"Lately, there has been students trying to rebel against the new order. They have been writing on the walls, openly showing their support for the so-called Chosen One. This, dear students, this is what will happen if this rebellion continues."

She gestured for someone to unchain Atticus and dragged her weak, battered body to the front of the hall. Neville stood up, only to be dragged back down my Ginny. Stunned gasps could be heard around the Great Hall. The Professors who had known Atticus since her arrival at Hogwarts stared in horror as they watched the sweet girl be treated so carelessly.

"Stand up, girl." Alecto spit out hatefully as she watched Atticus struggle to hold herself up. Turning back to the students who stared in horror, Alecto smiled.

"Watch and learn."

"CRUCIO!" Atticus fell in pain, her heart-shattering scream echoing throughout the Hall. Neville struggled against Ginny and Seamus. He wanted to help, but the others knew he would be next.

Finally, after minutes of blinding pain, Alecto ceased her torture.

"Be smart, students." She said as she nudged Atticus's nearly unconscious bloodied body. "Or you will be next." 

A/N:

MY POOR BBY OMFG 

be ready for part seven lmao.

until next time

xx