MOVIE >scene84> - A Dorm. A Delinquent. A Girl.

Lexis threw the knife at Rihanna's head. It landed centimeters above, piercing into the dart board with a loud thud. Rihanna shivered a cry for the third time and her body rocked with fear.

Lexis sat across the room, legs crossed, eyes piercing. An unstatisfied manipulative glare haunted his eyes. He wore the school vest that hugged his built abs well, his jacket was thrown against the table by the door. What scared Rihanna right now were the knives that he was holding. Turns out it was worse to be facing forward than to have her back to him and their frightening sharpness.

What terrified her most was the suffocating questions he asked.

"Now, I'm going to repeat myself for the last time." His voice was calm, controlled. It didn't correspond with his displeased eyes in any way. "Is it true? Was Charles Walton your connection into getting into the Academy?"

Her hands were tied behind her. Her ankles were tied so tightly together that she had to lean against the wall behind her in case of falling sideways or face forward.

Rihanna swallowed. "Please. Just leave me alone. At the very least for helping you. Do you remember how you were sick that night? Let me go for that."

"You're a strategist," He said with his deep low manipulative voice. "I read people. Don't try to play mind games with me."

"I'm not! Just leave me alone." Rihanna defended. "Call Jessie for me!"

Jessie? A slight smile appeared on his lips. A strategist without a doubt.

"Why did you enroll into the business class and how did you manage to do it? Was it also Charles who was responsible?"

Truthfully, there way another question he wanted to ask. A question about her bank statement. But revealing how much he knows could only possibly get her to hide more her visible tracks. He needed to hold back from sharing too much of how much he knew about her. That's the only way he'll...

Rihanna closed her eyes and tried to breathe in and out to calm her frenzied emotions.

"I earned everything I have right now." She hissed.

"But everything you have doesn't add up to what your parents have."

She looked up at him, but quickly lowered her gaze. "I, at the very least, would never take what my parents have for granted."

"I'm intrigued to know why you think that."

"The Academy's thief." Again, she looked up at him but quickly lowered her gaze. "Its you."

A chuckle escaped his lips.

"You're the only one who can get ahold of everyone's dorm number, the only one who's eligible enough to have such access. You're the only one who can manipulate others out of your way. You use time as your cover and windows as your support. You probably hide whatever it is you stole outside until its clear enough for you to get it."

Lexis smiled. "You were right up until the point when you supposed that I hid them outside. I don't. I hide them inside your dorm." 

Rihanna, with pounds of failure, was the one who ended up shocked. She quickly collected herself and continued. "You're working for a long term plan to take down your father. The Academy will become an unsafe immoral place. Expensive things are getting stolen from every dorm. One thing will pile onto the other, and eventually they'll close Dawn Academy."

What is it about you that is this impressive? Why are you different? Lexis raised an eyebrow, watching her uncover what no one else could. "What are you going to do with what you know?"

"I'll take it to the headmistress."

"With what proof?"

Rihanna pursed her lips, realizing she had none. A knife pierced in the dart board above her head in the second she was lost in thought. A loud gasp escaped her lips as she looked up at Lexis, fear engulfing her heart.

"Let me teach you a new skill. Don't threaten with empty words. You don't want to be the wolf that never touched the sheep the first two times." He stood up, placing the knives in his hand down on the desk, and walked over to Rihanna. She whimpered back as he came closer and closer. "I'll give you an example of a threat. I certainly believe that I gave you an easy way out. Same as I did with what was his name again? Joshua? Now you have two choices. Either you leave the Academy." He was now exactly ten inches away from her face. "Or I pay your parents a visit at their new address."

Rihanna's shocked expression answered for her.

"And believe me, its the last thing they will ever want from someone like me."

With that, he left the room.

Rihanna fell to the ground, exhausted. Terrified. He knew exactly what buttons to push. He knew exactly how to drive her out of here.This is what Joshua meant...

Charles walked in from the second door in the classroom, shivering as he looked at the door Lexis left out of.

"Damn, he hasn't changed a bit. Still scary as hell." He grabbed one of the knives that were pierced into the dart board and leaned over to where Rihanna sat, lifeless.

"Maybe you should tell him about the warehouse story." He said, cutting the ropes around Rihanna's ankles.

"Shut up Charles." She breathed, exhausted.

He turned her around to cut the ropes around her arms and lifted her shirt up, revealing the tattoos that covered her back. "I told you those were a bad idea. Did anyone in the Academy see them yet–" He cut himself off. "'Course not. You wouldn't be here right now."

"What do you mean?"

"You didn't know? Its one of their strict rules. Body art leads to expulsion."

All blood drained out of Rihanna's face. No...

"Why don't you just quit this damn place. It gives me the creeps from how much bad blood roams around."

She laid her head in his lap. "Just be quiet for a moment."

She didn't want to think. She didn't want to plan. She didn't want to analyze. She just wanted to rest. She wanted to give up. To go back to when everything was simpler, more quiet. In a world where Dawn's Angels didn't exist. Where Lexis didn't exist. 

***

Charles stopped at the dorm Anthony told him about and began knocking on it. A moment later, Jessie was on the other side, pulling Rihanna into his arms..

"She's completely exhausted. She just passed out." Charles said.

"Thank you for bringing her over." Jessie replied.

He was about to close the door, but Charles quickly caught it. "Hey Jessie, how come she lives with a man? Shouldn't she be sharing a dorm with someone of the same gender?"

"Ask her that tomorrow. Otherwise, I don't think its any of your business Charles." The door was loudly shut right after.

This is going to stop... Even if I have to cut you...

F.A.I.T.H.F.U.L. Family, you are the sweet scent that warms my heart through every kind comment and encouraging note you drop, whether in the comment section or in the messages box. Thank you. <3