MOVIE >scene120> - A Dorm. A Delinquent. A Girl.

The Dawn Academy Winter Masquerade Ball was going to be held tonight, and everyone was excited for the first major party of the year. The dance theme will be Viennese Waltz. The girls were to wear white dresses, and the men were to wear black suits and bow ties. With the addition of creative concealing masks to add to the mysterious night.

As it got closer to the time of the ball, fashion designers and makeup artists entered and exited the Academy, preparing the ladies for the grand dance of the year. As more and more announcements stated that the ballroom was nearly ready, the freshmen's nerves were standing on end, not ready for the unexpected.

Both genders biggest wish was that those of higher class would take notice of them. It was a great night to mingle and build relationships, fall in love, and earn places in the more prestigious levels of the Academy. Whispers and gossip floated around, girls giggling and eyeing the Chiefs. Lines and lines of students dressed in beautiful dresses made their way towards the grand ball.

And outside in the quiet garden, where the blind spot was, Fayth was getting ready for her own night. She had a formal black dress on, and a mask inside her hand. She shoved it inside her shoulder bag and took in a long inhale, nervous of her first company dinner.

She looked around one more time, hoped her short dress wouldn't get damaged, and jumped over the wall.

Vincent waited for her in the black car parked on the street. When he saw her, he exited the car and walked over to her. A buzz haircut, glasses, a fit body and his big goofy smile that only showed when he was looking at her.

He leaned in and hugged Fayth in an unbreakable grasp. "I missed you!" He exclaimed, almost suffocating her.

She hugged him back just as hard, her eyes closed and the smile on her face growing bigger as she took in his familiar cologne. "I missed you too."

The hug broke and Vincent looked her over. "You look quite elegant my lady." He stated, bowing with sarcasm. "Not exactly the theme of the after party." He nodded his head toward the building behind Fayth.

Fayth shrugged. "All I have to do is blend in enough to get back to my dorm. I'm not joining anyone for a dance. Plus, this dress is for an entirely different event."

This was the plan: Fayth, who had a reception to attend for her company's reincarnation tonight, was going to sneak out of the Academy, get her hair colored to its original form, light brown, with temporary hair dye, then go to her company's party, where many businesspersons are invited to meet the new heiress. She will give her speech, grieve the loss of her parents, and swear sincerity and perseverance to her role as the new director, and assign Vincent as the temporary CEO of the company. There will be a short dinner and party afterwards, with everyone congratulating her and introducing themselves, meanwhile kissing up to her to get on her multibillion dollar good side. Then she'll finish up, go back to the Academy, wear her mask and sneak up to her dorm. Where she will quickly wash the color off her hair and return to her normal state as everyone enjoys their time downstairs.

Nothing should go wrong. At least...that's what she hoped. Little did she know how long of a night it was going to be.

It first began at the party. Fayth, who had only taken off the cast a few days ago, began feeling discomfort in her ankle, and so Vincent excused her from the party and told her to go back to the Academy and rest.

This would have been great if John Ellis didn't interrupt her midway.

"Ms. Armstrong."

Fayth stopped walking and turned to meet with the one person she had been trying her best to avoid.

"Hello Mr. Ellis." She responded to the well dressed handsome man.

"Quite a speech you gave today." He said, his dark hair was brushed nicely to the side of his head, and his eyes had a glint that was very similar to Lexis'. It was unbelievable how much alike the two looked.

"Thank you."

"My pleasure. I see you're leaving. I hope all is well."

In the business world, all has to be well. Otherwise, relations weaken and disrespect becomes a virtue. That is why one should never share their problems with others. Two percent will pretend to care while the one hundred percent have a mental toast to your problems.

"All is well." Fayth responded, straightening herself up on her slightly uncomfortable ankle.

The doctor had warned her not to overwork herself on that ankle since the fracture was still raw, and pain could very possible revisit at random.

"I would have preferred for Lexis to be here joining us tonight. The two of you would have looked very pleasing together."

Keep on smiling. "It's my loss."

"Oh my dear, it's his if anything. No beauty or mind will compare to yours. The Academy is holding a traditional party of their own, and as an Ellis son, he has to be there. I hope you'd understand."

"It's fine. We don't need to rush anything."

"I agree." He exclaimed, though not exactly content with what she said.

"Why don't you enroll into Dawn Academy? You'd find many classes to your liking. Our Business class is one of a kind."

"I'm not interested at the moment. But I'll definitely contact you when I am."

Vincent finished speaking with a lady that pulled him aside, and Fayth took this moment to slip her arm into his. "It was a pleasure speaking with you John. Please excuse me." With a smile, she let Vincent lead her out of the enormous room.

When she finally reached the Academy, she slipped on her feathered mask and climbed the wall of the blind spot. After she landed, she quickly made her way into the Academy.

In her mind, when she drew out the plan, she didn't think she'd have any trouble getting to her dorm. She thought all the halls were going to be empty, and everyone would be in the ballroom. She thought wrong. There were students everywhere, idling and speaking together, or walking and laughing as they made their way to different rooms for more privacy.

Fayth couldn't use the stairs up to the dorms at all. Too many were in the lobby, sitting, standing, talking. She couldn't risk someone following her and seeing which dorm she entered. The hair color itself would raise suspicion. Instead, she made her way up the stairs, all the way to the seventh floor.

When she finally reached the piano room, she quietly walked in and closed the door behind her, then flicked the light on.

It was dark outside, so she didn't notice the person sitting inside until the room was lit.