MOVIE >scene90> - A Dorm. A Delinquent. A Girl.

Charles was beating a poor kid again. Just socking him in the face over and over until blood spurted out of the kids mouth, and had dropped to the ground like a stack of nearly dead meat. A crowd was building slowly around them, but no one helped. They just ignored the bloody sight and enjoyed the one sided fight.

Charles wiped the sweat that piled on his neck, and bent down again, taking ahold of the guy and socking him on his face again and again.

All of this was to force the headmistress to enroll him in F.A.I.T.H.

All of this, was because of Rihanna.

Lexis came out of nowhere and started walking toward Charles. Rihanna's brain blanked out in curiosity. No way, Lexis was really going to help someone? There is no way he would do it. He was just not the type. But...

He stopped right in front of the two boys on the ground, his eyes black with void emotions, his eyebrows permanently arched into an angry displeased curve. "Move out of my way." He calmly said in a steel like voice.

Of course. He just wasn't the type.

Charles stopped the hitting but didn't move. He only stared at Lexis' shoes and ran his tongue inside his cheeks while his nose flared.

But eventually, he straightened up and stood face to face with Lexis. The boy on the ground took this as a chance and ran away.

"Well, if it isn't my good pal Lexis."

So fast that no one knew how, Lexis tripped Charles so he was lying back first on the ground, grunting.

"My apologies." Lexis said with a deep humored tone. "I had no clue who you were at first. Now that you're in your rightful place, I distinctively remember. James?"

Charles stood up. "It's Charles. Don't act like you don't know me."

Lexis smirked with a huff. Giving Charles one last mocking glance, he resumed walking.

Charles sprang his fist back and threw it at Lexis. As if Lexis owned eyes in the back of his head, he bent his head forward, enough to dodge the punch, then in a blink, turned and socked Charles across the face. The punch was so massive Charles dropped to the ground, spitting blood.

Rihanna jumped to her feet and ran over to Charles. His lip and nose were bleeding even more now. Nearly pouring. She knelt on her knees and put his head in her lap, then looked up at Lexis, breathing in rage.

"Don't you dare touch him ever again." She snapped

Lexis looked down at her. For a split moment, something passed through his eyes.

But he turned and left without saying another word.

***

After cleaning up his wound, Charles and Rihanna sat in the music room quietly. It was getting darker outside and neither of them bothered to turn on the lights, but as Rihanna looked over at his silhouette, she realized that Charles was upset about something.

"What's wrong?" She asked.

He looked over at her. She could barely see his expression as he tucked her hair behind her ear. "I hate it when you make me love you even more."

"And I hate it when you say things like this." She pushed his arm away.

He stood up and walked over to the piano, where he sat on the bench. "You don't play, do you? Or did you stop hating the piano?"

"I play."

He glanced at her. "You used to hate it."

"Hating things never works for me. I hate, then I like. Then I love, then I hate again."

He chuckled. "I hope what you said isn't true. Otherwise, one day you'll make it possible that you'll like Lexis, love him, even."

Rihanna stood up and turned around. Staring him in the eye she said, "I would rather date you, like you, love you than ever feel anything for him. Now estimate the impossibility." She turned back around and left out of the room.