MOVIE >scene6> - A Dorm. A Delinquent. A Girl.

A lady came out from the back, reading papers. She didn't notice Rihanna at first, so Rihanna cleared her throat for her share of attention.

The office manager, Mrs. Caravelle, looked up and fixed her glasses on the bridge of her nose. She blinked twice, then smiled sweetly, "Hello, you must be our new student."

Rihanna smiled and stood up. "Hi, I'm Rihanna Gessner. I enrolled in recently." She walked up to the front desk and handed Mrs. Caravelle her phone–her email opened on the screen with her barcode enrollment receipt.

"Oh, great, you have it. Alright, let's see..." She examined it thoroughly, then opened her computer screen and started clicking and typing. After scanning her phone, she handed it back to Rihanna. "Alright, there you are. Let's see... hmm... here is your schedule." The sound of a printer working came out from the back room, "You'll also get one in your school's email. So check there if you lose the hard copy. Now let's see where you will be residing this semester." She kept on searching the screen of the computer, after a long irritable silence, a confused expression crossed her face. "Huh."

She took a hold of the office phone and dialed a number.

Rihanna watched while her heart beating uncomfortably with fear.

What's happening? What's going on? She clenched her hands into fists and closed her eyes. Vincent, what's going on?

"Hey, Kim? Hi, I have our new student here, Rihanna? Rihanna Gessner, yes. There seems to be a misunderstanding..."

Rihanna couldn't even hold her composure anymore. Her heartbeat was audible in her ears as she tried her hardest to look collected. Contrary to her outer appearance, inside her head she was screaming, misunderstanding? What misunderstanding? Could you at least explain it to me before going to the boss–or whoever that Kim is!

"Oh really? Oh I see–no it's just that they hadn't put any of that into the computers yet. Alright, but are you sure that it would be alright with the second party too? What about the headmistress? Yes, of course I know that, I just needed conformation. Alright then, I'll do that right now. Thank you Kim, let's meet soon. Bye."

She looked at Rihanna.

Rihanna swallowed in anticipation.

Mrs. Caravelle sighed, "When did you enroll?"

"A couple of days ago."

She smiled, "Ah, that's why. You see, since our school system is limited on the number of students allowed to attend, it also has a limit on the day you're supposed to bring in your enrollment paper. That deadline was about a month ago and so enrollments are expired, simply because we have no more room for extra students."

"But–"

"However," She quickly cut Rihanna off, "you seem to be an exception by the board." The way she looked at Rihanna had a mixture of wonder and confusion. "I do have to point out, since you're going to be a special case, you will have to put up with some things that aren't usual for every other girl in the girls' dormitory."

"Aren't usual?" In all honesty, Rihanna didn't care what those things were, not in the slightest. At the very least they weren't what she thought they were going to be.

She unclenched her fists and sighed in relief.

"Yes, but I'd rather let the second person involved be there before I explain it to the both of you and let you decide. If by any chance, you agree to the condition that came with your late enrollment, then you are welcomed to stay here. If not, then I'm afraid you will have to find a different school to attend. Though I could assure you now, a chance like this won't happen twice."