Chapter 2

Slamming his laptop shut, Sam rubs his tires eyes vigorously . "Nothing?" Dean asked him before taking another bite of his burger, already knowing the answer.

"Nothing at all." Sam voiced his frustration, "It's the apocalypse, shouldn't their be something?" he rants, "Tornadoes, earthquakes, it's too silent."

The brown eyed Winchester had killed and trusted a demon only to start the one thing that rotted in his mind. The man felt guilty but had nothing to be guilty about, yet. There has been no abnormalities that has caused thousands of deaths, or armies of demons that gathered with the purpose to kill all humankind like he had pictured in his mind when he first imaged the apocalypse.

The heavy weight of guilt sat on his chest and it made him feel extremely uncomfortable and there was nothing to feed the overwhelming guilt, he wanted to be punished for starting the calm, and the storm. He wanted his brother to yell at him more, lash out at him and tell him that it's all his fault, that if he had listened to his brother none of this would have occurred. He wanted him to feel guilty for his sin, but his brother was to much of a coward to make him feel worse than he already feels.

Sure the men fight and have angry heart to hearts, but he wants his brother to really make him feel the power of his crime.

Taking a sip from his drink, the eldest Winchester slams a newspaper on top of his brothers silver laptop dramatically. "I found ourselves a case," Dean states proudly while Sam looked at his brother in indifference. "Reports of flying objects, and disappearing people."

"'Disappearing people?'" Sam restates, not bothering to look at the paper in front of him, "No reports of missing people?"

Inhaling deeply in frustration, the eldest brother stares into his brothers brown orbs. "I'm just thinking that we could take a little break with a apocalypse stuff. You know, get out there, see the world instead of a computer screen."

"Dean, I've seen the world plenty of times. I have seen more than I wish I've had," Samuel replies in a bored tone before changing into one of accusation. "I don't think your taking this apocalypse seriously."

"No, no," Dean says raising his hands up in mock surrender, "I'm taking this as seriously as pie man. I'm just saying that you should take a break. After all this is a little close to personal."

The brown eyed Winchester glares at his brother. "Of course this is personal Dean. I started the damn apocalypse."

"Yes, you started the apocalypse, Sammy," Dean said leans closer to him, his voice taking a deeper tone, "And you have to live with that, but nothing is going on. Not a single sign of the apocalypse starting, so enjoy it while it lasts and let's go hunt some monsters." The green eyed Winchester slaps the newspaper excitingly before getting up and grabbing his jacket from the chair.

- Edit Line - -

Finally joining his brother in the Impala, he looks over at him, watching him lip mouth the words coming out of the radio, and tapping on the steering wheel as he pulls out of the parking lane. Turning his face towards the road, he leaning into the black leather seats, relaxing. "Where is this case, anyway?"

"What?" Dean reaches to turn down his music, glancing over at his little brother, before looking back at the road.

"We're is this case anyways," Sam ask, "Why can't we just call Bobby to ask another hunter to take care of it?"

Shaking his head, Dean slams his hand down on the steering wheel. "Distraction, remember?"

"There isn't even much to go on," the young Winchester complained, "Floating objects? Disappearing people? It just sounds like rumors an- and crazy people to me."

Dean snorts. "We've gone to cases for a lot less," he reminds his brother, remembering the time he had gone to his younger siblings old college just on the fact that he believed that his friend didn't kill somebody. Of course, it turned out he was right, but with helping him came major consequences of having his name and face plastered on every corner of the town. It was safe to say that he wasn't going to go back to that town any time in the next century.

"Yes, I know, Dean," his brother rolls his eyes, "But this has a good chance of being absolutely nothing."

"Than you get to tell me 'I told you so' when it turns out to be nothing," Sam's brother replies, raising his voice in a snotty way when mocking his voice.

"We need to be prepared for when the apocalypse does happen," Sam says, "Look over lore with Bobby, figure out what to expect, and how to stop it from happening."

"This is the apocalypse where talking about, not your monthly period, Sammy," Dean remarks, "And Bobby isn't in a talking mood."

Referring to the accident that had cost there friend and father figure his legs. Dean was sure that if he called him, he would demand to see them just so he could run over there feet. Calling Bobby was definitely out of the question.

"Any word from Cas?" Dean asked.

"Nothing, you?" Sam answered. Shaking his head, the brothers seemed to sigh in unison. There best angel friend had gone in search of trying to find his father, God. In the process they had lost contact with him.

Castiel believed that finding his father would stop the apocalypse, and convenience the other angels to help try and stop it. Dean thought that if he really didn't want it, he would have stopped it long ago.

He some times wonders if God wants the end of the world to happen.

782 words