Chapter 3

Luna waved the driver goodbye, unaware of the man petaling the gas tank, speeding away or the sigh of relief he made when she was a safe distance away. The girl, being quite talkative once she had finished the magazine, and had also took a while trying to find the right amount of money to pay him. It was as though she didn't know how to count American currency. But than again, if she couldn't, than why come to America?

Walking across the sidewalk, she stops at doorway. Having already paid the landlord for her apartment through galleons and sickles, she simply pulled it her wand and muttered two simple words before the door itself transformed. The once rusted metal door with a keep out sign had seemingly melted off, revealing a wooden door with the numbers Three Hundred and seventy four stamped across the top.

Smiling in triumph, she puts her wand away and turns the knob to open the door to her new apartment. Walking through and closing the door behind her, the floors under her gave a slight turn sideways before stilling. The white walls, which she would have to fix to her own desire later, opened to a kitchenette with marble countertops and wooden cabinets. A archway that lead to a small living room which only consisted of a simple radio to listen to her witchy tunes, plush brown sofa, a rocking chair diagonal to the right side of the sofa, and a purple floor rug with swirling patterns.

Sitting down on the warm sofa, she turns on the radio listening to her favorite witchy tunes. Having been sixteen years after the Second Wizard War against Voldemort, the thirty two year old had gotten tired to how witches and wizards alike use to stare at her as she walked down Diagon Alley. Having fought in the war and returned to Hogwarts to finish if her final year, she was know as a celebrity in the England wizardry world, as well as still being in contact and known as Harry Potter's closer friend. Although she was not as close as Ginny, and Ron Weasley as well as Hermione Granger was and still is.

People manage to try and get story's of the war out of her. Yet she had none she wanted to share. Most had assumed that she had only fought in it knowing she would be famous later on in life, dead or alive. This of course was a lie. Many rumors had passed, and Luna finally got tired of all the attention having been in the war had brought her. She wanted a simple life where no one knows her, and perhaps fall in love and have a child or two.

That was why she had ran away to America, leaving the only place she had once known behind.

*

Realizing that she had fallen asleep, the blonde quickly gets up and blushes although no one was currently in the room except herself. Deciding that there was nothing to do in the apartment building but renovate, the blue eyed girl chose to walk around the town, getting to know the area.

Stepping out of her apartment, she had noticed that the area was quite populated, yet no one seemed to see the wooden door turn metal. Blending into the rushing crowds of muggle men and woman, Luna looks around amazed at the tall buildings and structures that the non magic folk had made without the use, or help of wizards and witches.

Looking into windows there was plastic muggles posed, wearing clothing that the store appeared to be selling, and paintings that didn't seem to move like magic folks did. She was quite happy at her discovery, although enjoying a talking painting once and I while, they start to get more obnoxious the longer that you have them.

Luna was fascinated at the fact that there was no moving newspapers, no one dressed in a robe, or a big long pointed hat. No, these where muggles, only having on casual Jean and a t shirt, or dressing up in a nice dress or suit, they seemed to have no specific dress code or style here.

The blonde had been walking aimlessly around the city, before noticing a rugged down bar across the street from her. She could help but compare it to the Leaky Cauldron, yet instead of the familiar sign, it read 'Midnite Cruiser' in bold golden letters.

Almost like she was drawn to the place she crosses the road, ignoring the honks and yells as she gets in the way of the busy freeway. No, she had one mission.

Get to that bar.

782 words

Looney Lovegood ||Supernatural/Harry Potter||जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें