Chapter 13

"Where are we going?" Luna asks from the back of the Impala as the eldest Winchester drove his car once again.

The Winchesters didn't respond as Sam turns on the radio, "And Governor O'Malley urge calm, saying it's very unlikely an abandoned convent would be targets for terrorist, either foreign or homegrown."

Turning his head at the radio after hearing this, Sam furrows his eyebrows. Dean says, "Change the station," not wanting to hear about it, thinking it could only be a coincidence.

Pressing the button down on the radio once again, another voice came for the radio. "Hurricane Kinley, unexpectedly slamming into the Galveston area-" Dean changes the radio once again.

"-Announced a successful test of the North Korean nuclear-"

"-A series of tremors-"

"-Swine Flu-"

Having enough, Sam turns of the radio, having felt enough guilt knowing he had most likely been the cause of it.

The silence in the car confused Luna. Why did the radio news effect the two muggles in front of her so much? Her thoughts get broken by Sam's long sigh, after she realized there had been a long silence, "Dean-"

"Don't, don't say anything," the green eyed Winchester cuts his brother off, "It's alright, we just have to keep our heads down, and hash this out, alright?"

Sam nods his head, before closing his eyes tightly. "Why is it starting now?" He asked his brother as though he knew the answer, "I set him free a week ago, so why is it all starting now?"

"Would you like to ask him yourself?" Dean sarcastically replied, yet the green eyed Winchester was terrified over the fact that he was not caught in the loop, much like Luna Lovegood was now.

"Would anyone like to share?"

She got no reply, making her pout.

*

"A hospital?" Luna asks as Dean pulls the black vehicle into the parking lot. As expected, the blonde gets no response, having been ignored through the whole ride to there location. Getting out of the vehicle and slamming the doors, Sam opens Luna's door, grabs her arm and pulls her out of the car.

"I friend needs us," Dean explains as they walks towards the front doors, "And we aren't letting you out of our sight."

Entering the large white building, the three waiting in line to see the receptionist. As Luna waited she played with the loose strings on her sweater that was smudged with dirt, the Winchester's refusing to let her change. Like they said, she's not going out of their sight.

"We're here for Bobby Singer," Dean says leaning over the desk in front of him.

"Are you family?" The lady from the other side of the counter asked them in a bored tone.

Nodding his head, Sam said, "I'm Sam and this is my brother and his wife Dean and Luna Singer."

"Do you have proof of this accusation?"

"Ask Bobby himself," The oldest Winchester tell the lady before she picks up the phone, starts to press the phone number for the doctor that was taking care of the man in question.

After a short conversation, the receptionist motions them towards the doors on the other side of the room, "He has been moved to room One O'Five."

"Thanks," Dean stiffly replies, forcing a smile and moving towards the doors, placing a tight arm around Luna's waist making her have no choice but to follow.

*

Leaning on the doorway, watching Bobby Singer sulk in his wheel chair and looking at the frame of the window, Sam glances over at Luna once in a while to check if she was still their, afraid that the weird angel mojo that Castiel had put on her would wear off.

Looking to his brother as he walks towards them, a large yellow package in his hand. "Nurse says he's been like this the whole time we where gone."

"Then cheer him up," Luna replies, casually butting into the conversation, "A back rub would brighten my day."

Both Winchester look at her weirdly before Sam sighs, and his brother smacks his lips, "I could do that."

"Dean."

"Well, what than?" He asks his brother, feeling helpless that he can't help his father figure through the depression of losing his legs.

"Look," Sam say, standing up straight from leaning on the doorway, "I think we need to wrap our head around the idea that Bobby might not just bounce right back up from this one."

"I don't think he's going to do any bouncing any time soon," Luna says.

"Don't tell him that."

762 words