Chapter 14

"What's in the envelope?" Sam asks Dean, after looking at his father figure in pity for a long silent pause.

"Went to radiology," The green eyed Winchester tells him, opening the the orange piece of paper in question. Luna stands beside him, mouthing the word radiology in confusion as Dean pulls out a large photo, "Got some glamor shots. Let's just say the doctors are baffled."

Looking at the photo taken of the brothers rib cage, all Sam could replied with was a, "Holy crap".

"Yeah, well Cas carved you one too," Dean tells his brother. Luna, being the curious girl she was, reached up at the taller man and snatches the photo out of his hand to see for herself.

"Wow," the blue eyed girl mouths, looking at the strange carvings engraved into the photo. "It looks like the symbols Ive seen Nymphs draw on their trees to scare others away."

The brothers look at the blonde with questioning gazes yet there attention captured when Sam's phone began to rang, causing Dean to grab the photo out of Luna hands and place it back into the envelope. "Hello?" The youngest Winchester talks into the miniature device in his hand. "Castiel?"

This gained the green eyed Winchesters attention quickly, having more questions to ask the angel himself after he had disappeared to God knows where. "Speak of the devil," Dean says, referring to the conversation that Luna had interrupted.

"St. Martin's hospital," Sam tells the phone, "Why? What are you-" Sam furrows his eyebrows in confusion, "Cas?"

Closing his phone Sam looked annoyed while Dean seemed confused at the whole interaction.

"Should I go say hi?" Luna asked the boys, looking at Bobby, having zoned out the conversation the two brothers have had.

"Do you value your toes?"

Luna was about to answer, only to get distracted once again by seeing a very familiar trench coat. "Cell phone, Cas, really?" Dean asks, as Castiel stops to stand by the trio. "Since when do angels need to reach out and touch someone?"

"Your hidden from angels now," Castiel explained, "All angels. I won't be able to simply-"

"Enough foreplay."

The group turns towards the spice coming from the room Bobby was in. "Get over here and lay your damn hand on," he restlessly demands the Angel. "Get healing, now," the man demands after a long, silent pause coming from the group hanging near the door.

"I can't," Castiel informs him.

Turning his wheel chair to face the group, Bobby's face and voice were full of menace, "Say again?" He asks them, making Luna shiver and indistinctly move closer to the three around her.

"I'm cut of from heaven, and much of heavens power. Certain things I can do, and certain things I can't."

"Please don't anger the man," Luna asks him.

"Your telling me you lost your mojo just in time to get me stuck in this trap the rest of my life," Bobby growls at the blue eyed angel.

"I'm sorry," Castiel claims as he looks at the floor beneath him in shame.

"Shove it up your ass."

Dean turns to Sam, mumbling to him a quiet "At least he's talking now," before turning back to Bobby.

"I heard that," Bobby says to the Winchesters whom shifts their legs uncomfortably. Even though their father figure had lost his legs, he still had the eyesight and hearing of a eagle.

Castiel turns towards the the eldest Winchester brother. "We don't have much time, we need to talk."

"Okay," Dean shrugs off Castiels serious look, confused at what he wants from him.

"Your plan," Castiel begins, "To kill Lucifer-"

"Yeah, you want to help?" Dean asks sarcastically.

"Who's Lucifer?" Luna asks, yet got no answer. Having grown up with witches and wizards, she had only studied there beliefs and religion. She had no idea what muggles such as the four in front of her believed.

"No," Castiel answered Dean, "Its foolish, it can't be done."

"Well, thanks for the support."

"But I believe I have the solution," Castiel get to the point, ignoring Dean's sarcastic replies that he had grown use to. "There is someone besides Michael who's strong enough to take on Lucifer. Strong enough to stop the apocalypse."

"And who's that?" Sam asks.

"The one who resurrected me and put you on that airplane. He one who began everything," Castiel pauses for a second dramatically, "God."

"This again?" Dean sighs, shaking his head, having heard the same thing from his angel friend just before he left after bringing Luna and his baby back from wherever the hell they were.

There was a long pause before anyone spoke again.

"I'm confused," Luna says, playing with the tips of her hair, "Who's Lucifer?"

793 words