Chapter 9

"Told you so," Dean tells his brother as they walked into a new motel room, this having one more bed than the last, "I told you there was a case here."

"Yes, Dean," the youngest Winchester rolls his eyes, crossing his arms, "What I don't get is, how does a whole newspaper article disappear over night?"

The green eyed Winchester couldn't help but wonder that as well. How did the article just disappear? He would consider the possibly of witchcraft, yet they had not met a witch powerful enough to erase memories, none the less erase a article from multiple public newspapers. This must have been the work of angels or demons.

"What the hell is going on,"  Dean asked his brother, whom managed to blurt out the only reason he could think of.

"The apocalypse."

This only gave the brothers more questions.

*

"Why did the chicken cross the road," Luna asks a raven black haired stranger, "To get to the-"

"-Other side," The girl cut her off by saying, "Do you want to get seated?"

Confused at how the girl new the joke the she had only heard a muggle repeat to her seconds ago, she nodded before the waitress grabs a menu and walks towards a table, a lost, baffled Luna tailing behind her.

After sitting down on a rock hard chair, that only looked surprisingly comfy, the waitress disappeared only for a new one to appear only seconds later. "Drink?" He asked her, only to be answered by silence as he looks up from his note pad to see the blonde haired woman staring at him.

"Drink?" He repeats himself, slightly creeped out from the looks that he was receiving.

Luna didn't know how to answer. Only realizing a few days ago that muggles had no idea what most of her favorite witchy drinks are, she could only ask what the restaurant had.

"Coke products," the man asked bored and annoyed at the time the blue eyed girl was taking to make a drink order. She did know that he had other tables to serve, right?

What in Merlin was a coke product? "Coke?" Luna asks the man with uncertainty before he nods, walking off writing down her order on his notepad.

Relieved that the awkwardness had passed, the blonde picks up her menu and looks at it, only to feel the seat beside her bend from the weight of another human body, and a small creek from the seat in front of her. Looking over the sheet of paper, she smiled at the sight.

*

The brothers, having began to get hungry, had drives to a small diner that had somehow just so happened to be across from where Luna Lovegood had taken it upon herself to take residence at.

Imagine Dean's surprised when he had walked in to see the one and only blonde woman with blue eyes sitting casually as a waiter stalked off writing things down on a notepad.

Of course, Dean did the logical thing and sat in a different seat entirely, yet close enough to see the girl Luna. He, of course, watched as two strange men sat beside her and began to chat with her casually, him watching there every move.

Hell no

Dean walked straight up to the blonde, and sat right next to her as she gazed at her menu almost unknowing that he had just trapped her in. Sam, following his lead, sat on the other side of the table.

And she had the nerve to look up and smile at the two brothers.

"Hello," Luna says cheerfully, immediately recognizing the faces of her first friends coming into a new city.

Before either of the Winchester could speak up, the waiter had returned with her coke. Placing it down in front of her, he looks to the men whom had joined the table.

"Water."

"Beer," the brothers blurt out at the same time, before the man turned to look at her.

"Food?"  He asked her, as she scrambled to pick up her menu before furrowing her eyebrows at it.

"Is this a Italian restaurant?" She asked with no hint of joking as the waiter looks around at the black and white tiled floor and the red themed chair line up, before he casually flips her menu over.

Blushing at the fact the she had read it upside down, she placed the order of what ever sounded best to her. After the man had left, once again writing her order down as he left, Luna, being curious, took a drink from her coke.

Feeling a bubbly substance, that burned her through as it went down, she spit it out. The drink managing to go all over Sam.

"What the bloody Merlin was that?"

796 words