Chapter 16

"Who the hell is she?" Bobby demands, finally taking notice the strange girl.

"We picked her up on a job," Sam's eye twitches, "Ever hear about some wizard community or some type of crazy shit like that?" Dean asks his father figure in hopes of getting some form of a answer.

"Sorry, Dean," Bobby shrugs, "Never heard of anything like that."

"The Unity of Wizards and Witches," Luna tells them. "Or at least that's what American witches and wizards alike call it."

Dean rolls his eyes and sarcastically adds, "What else is there? A president of magic?"

"I suppose that's what they call it," the witch moves her hand to her chin as if she was thinking about it.

"Wait so your telling me-" The older man gets cut off at the ring of his phone. "Hello?"

"Ruf-" Bobby stops, "I can't hear you." There was another pause "Where are you? Color- Colorado? River Pass, Colorado?"

"Rufus? You there? Ru-Rufus?" Bobby lifts the phone off his ear, and the previous conversation concerning Luna was washed off his mind as he stares at the small device in his hand. He turns to look at the boys, whom looked back at him with the same expression on their faces.

"Let's go blonde," The brothers move out of the room while Dean pulls Luna along by her forearm, the blue eyed witch noticing the rough and scratchy feeling of his hands as they dragged her along.

Signing out from visiting the hospital, the group jump into the Impala, before setting off to River Pass Colorado.

*

"He did all this with just a word?" Luna asks curiously as she read the first pages of the Bible which was bought cheaply in the nearest store, its pages nearly ripped out and folded, and it's spine bent and twisted to unhealthy lengths. "That doesn't seem very logical."

"Says the witch," Dean mumbles silently to himself.

"Huh?" Luna asks.

Sam looks outside the window, reading the sign as the car passed by it. "We're here," he informed the others.

The rest of the car ride was silent until they came upon a bridge. Stopping the car both Winchester brothers exited the vehicle and slammed the door shut, the car squeaking in protest. At this the blue eyed witch finally looks up from her book to see that the middle of the bridge had collapsed into the small river below it.

Joint the brothers outside, she blinks before turning to them, "That's going to be a problem right."

The green eyed brother kicked a pile of rocks down the slope of the once attached bridge as his answer. "This the only way in or out?"

"No signal," Sam says at he holds up his device looking for bars.

Luna examines the chunk of concrete that was once called a bridge. She could easily apparite over there with the two Winchesters, the only problem was the side effects. Muggles don't usually respond well to apparition because of their lack of magic. She knew that first hand after cleaning her robes more than enough times trying to get the stench on vomit of it.

There was also the problem that they have her wand, making her unable to apparite without it.

Oh yeah, and they kidnaped her.

That was a important one.

So Luna kept her mouth shut. "Rufus was right. Demons got this place locked down," says Dean.

"Looks like we're hiking in," Sam breathed out.

"Hiking?" Luna asks, immediately not liking the idea. She was use to transportation of either apparition or floo powder and has not gone on a hike since her time in Hogwarts. Having gotten slightly chubbier after Voldemort died, being a naturalist has helped her keep in some shape she often spent time in a office trying to confirm that a species she found was in fact new and visiting the ministry often to attend meetings with other wizards that pursued the same career. She was not prepared to go on a hike of any kind, but supposed that at least she could enjoy looking at the exotic plants they might find while walking.

"And the hits just keep on coming," Dean purses his lips in frustration, not enjoying the fact that he have to leave his baby behind. The trio then proceeded to walk away from the overhang and began their walk.

732 words