Chapter 19

"I doubt I know much more than you," The women answered, "Rufus called - said he was in town investigating omens. All of a sudden, the whole town was possessed. Me and Joe where near by -"

Dean looks surprised at the exclamation, "- You're hunting with Joe?" He cuts her off.

"Yeah, for a while now." Dean gives his brother a look that was responded with only a shrug of the brown eyed Winchesters shoulders. When the men had taken Joe hunting themselves she was furious, afraid that her daughter might had died like her father had. It was a surprise for the brothers to learn that the Ellen had taken Joe out hunter voluntarily.

"We got here and the place - well the place was like you see it," the older blond continued, ignoring the looks that where passed between the Winchesters, "Couldn't find Rufus and Joe and I got separated. I was out looking before I found you."

Seeing the haunting look in Ellen's eyes at the thought of her  daughter who could had been hurt while the town was currently a demon playhouse, Dean was quick to assure her. "Don't worry, we'll find her."

"Either way, these people cannot just sit here. We got to get them out, now," Sam says, while his brothers bruising grip on Luna's wrist loosen significantly as he forgets he had been holding onto it.

Ellen quickly turn down the idea of leaving, "I've been trying, we already made a run for it once."

"What happened?"

"There use to be twenty of us," heads turn downward, the mood darkening significantly.

Realizing their mistake, Dean decided to not further on the topic that had caused their grief but to give the people whom had gathered in the dark cellar of a room hope. "Well, their three of us now," clearing over pronouncing "us", referring to their non-too-friendly night jobs.

"You don't know what it's like out their," Ellen quickly shoots down the spark of hope he had attempted to achieve with cold reality, "Demons are everywhere, we won't be able to cover everybody."

"What if we get everyone guns?" Sam suggests.

Dean turn to his younger brother with a look of doubtfulness and question, "What—are you going to arm up baby dump over here?" The blonde women turns to the green eyed man, her hand on said prominent stomach swelling.

"I can help," Luna adds in suggestively, making the eldest Winchester pale significantly as his younger brother stops to consider it.

"No," he says with finality.

Sam looks at his brother with all seriousness, "The more power we got out there, the more demons we will be able to keep away."

"No—" Dean says stubbornly, "No, we are not letting Blonde walk around with her magical fairy wand that can do who-knows-what whenever she wants." He crosses his arms. 

Sam grab the side of his brother jacket sleeve, the material crumpling and wrinkling at the contact. "The things she can do," Sam compromised, "Might be the key to figuring out what the hell is happening to this town, and how to stop it."

"There's a sporting-goods store we passed on main on the way here," Dean frowns at his brother logic and steers the conversation to a different topic, the long piece of wood residing inside of his pocket suddenly becoming more noticeable. "I bet they got guns," he found irony in himself that he had rather arm civilians than arm a petit blonde with a crooked stick.

Sam understood the topic had dropped for the moment, but fully intended to argue about it later. "All right," the brown eyed Winchester clears his throat and spoke to Ellen, "You stay, we'll go."

"What about—"

"If Joe and Rufus are out there," The youngest Winchester interrupts, filling knowing what she was going to protest, "We'll bring them back."

No other words where spoken as the brothers began to exit the damp room. Luna fiddles around with her long fingernails, yellow nail polish chipping off rapidly.

"You coming Blonde?" Dean turns towards said blond. Blinking in surprise, Luna follows after the two bulkier men and towards the creaking door, which now held the unknown adventure outside their supposed "safe haven".

709 words