3| lines

We left the diner after we finished off our burgers with some chocolate shakes.

"I love chocolate," Haley reminisced the chocolate shake she just drank. I laughed.

"You're the equivalent of the Cookie Monster, the chocolate monster," I joked, and she sighed loudly.

"You're so nice," she murmured.

I clicked my tongue, "Now listen here, young lady, I can turn this car around."

"Mel, that doesn't even work, I'm older than you!" She sassed me.

I scoffed, "By like three months!"

"And?" She expected me to say something else but I rolled my eyes.

Haley and I bickered like sisters, but we never get our feeling hurt in our little fights. I felt like we needed little fights so we could be with each other for the better and worse times in our lives. It makes people closer.

I cranked up the radio and threw in the Death of the Bachelor cd.

"What song?" I asked Haley.

"8," she responded and flipped the disc to track 8.

*I found a pile of Polaroids
In the crates of a record shop
They were sexy, sexy looking back
From a night that time forgot, hmm

Boy he was something debonair in 1979
And she had Farrah Fawcett hair
Carafes of blood red wine, hmm

In the summertime
In the summertime

Oh don't you wonder when the light begins to fade?
And the clock just makes the colors turn to grey
Forever younger growing older just the same
All the memories that we make will never change

We'll stay drunk, we'll stay tan, let the love remain
And I swear that I'll always paint you
Golden days!
Golden days!
Golden days!

"Golden days!" Haley and I screamed together. We kept screaming and singing the lyrics together as the song went on.

"God I love that song," Haley sighed and took a swig of water from a bottle she got from her purse.

"God I love that man," I sighed and took the bottle from her. The water was beginning to become warm.

"I wish I had ice cubes for my water," she frowned and slipped the bottle back into her purse.

"What if you're not allowed to take the bottle in now?" I asked her. I knew there was some rules about water bottles and them being opened at a venue before stepping foot in the venue.

"It's the middle of fucking July, what are they going to let me do? Dehydrate? I'm sensitive to the heat." She made me feel stupid with her response. I frowned and kept driving.

A few minutes later I found a parking spot and looked at the already long line.

"The concert isn't until a hour and a half and it's packed," Haley stated. I groaned and started walking towards the end of the line. We got there and slowly the line started to move to get into the venue. It was an outdoor concert.

"I'm hot!" Haley complained 30 minutes into the line.

"Fuck me too!" I complained with her.

"There's so many emo kids here," she growled. Haley didn't like people who teased their hair to look like the equivalent of a squirrel's nest. She also didn't like the kind of kids who "rawr" at people or text "XD" behind everything they say. According to her 'nothing they say is that funny.' She's just upset because her heart got broken by one of those types when she was younger.

The line slowly moved forward as time went by. I looked at my phone and it was 5 p.m. One more hour until I heard my boyfriend sing.

"I'm hungry," Haley complained.

"We just ate, you just want to complain about everything," I assured her. She nodded and kicked some loose dirt. Her nose was already pink from the sun.

It was finally our turn to get into the venue and I gladly handed over our tickets. We walked in and looked at some of his merchandise.

Shirts, sweat pants, posters, bracelets, blankets and galore filled our sights.

"I want one of everything," I whispered and Haley nodded. There were multiple lines and most of them were short. Most people were finding there seats.

"Can I have the shirt with the tour dates on the back?" I asked the lady.

"40 bucks," she responded. I meekly grabbed forty dollars and handed it to her. She gave me the shirt and I put in in my backpack. Haley got the same thing.

"Jesus, merch is expensive as hell," Haley complained and threw her shirt in her bag. We slowly found a spot and moved our way to the front. We got the closest seats we could get.

"I'm so excited!" Haley squeezed my hand and started to bounce up and down. I laughed and the lights went out.

Smoke appeared, and one single light shone one stage. One man, one beautiful man, stood on stage under the light.

"Do I look lonely?" Brendon Urie started his concert.