10 | vegas lights

The bright lights bounced off the other buildings, music was blaring, and Brendon held me close to him. I snuggled closer to him and he held me tighter. I loved him. We were in Vegas for his performance here. This was by far the most exquisite place we'd been to.

"Brendon," I whispered.

He set his chin on the top of my head, "Yes?"

I bit my lip and shut the words inside, I didn't want to embarrass myself. He hadn't told me he loved me, yet.

"Melanie, what is it," he proceeded to massage my shoulder with one of his free hands. I started to calm down, he had this effect on me.

"I will tell you later," I whispered. He stopped rubbing my shoulder and tucked a piece of hair behind my ear, then he proceeded to kiss the top of my head. A smile grew on my face.

"Let's look outside," he understood that I wanted to drop the subject of whatever I was going to tell him before.

Our eyes glued the the bright and colorful lights. The flashing signs. The hundreds of people laughing and having a good time with their friends, as they walked down the Vegas Strip.

"This is so beautiful," I said under my breath.

"Just like you," I heard Brendon say it quieter than I.

I turned my head and looked at him, I really took him in. His beautiful plush lips, that were so pink and soft. How his brown eyes twinkled with admiration for this city. The way his hair always looked good, no matter what. His long and slender neck, just begging me to kiss it. His god sculpted nose. He noticed me staring and looked at me.

"You're so goddamn beautiful, Mel," he had a grin growing on his face.

(All the readers rn)

He put both hands on either of my cheeks and pulled me even closer to him. He planted his lips onto mine, and the kiss was deep. Full of passion, excitement, and love.

"Mel," He pulled away and took in deep breaths. He lost his breath from kissing me.

"Yes," I could feel myself gulping in oxygen, I had lost mine too.

"Be mine," he said suddenly. 

"Yours?" I asked him. Did Brendon Urie want ME to be his girlfriend.

"Let me rephrase that, Will you Melanie Taylor, be my beautiful girlfriend?" He bit his lip from being nervous. 

I could feel the excitement bubble up inside and I grabbed his hands

I could feel the excitement bubble up inside and I grabbed his hands. "Yes!" I had the largest smile on my face.

"I'm so happy," he pecked my lips once more and then grew a more serious tone," there's more though."

I nodded waiting for him to continue.

"You cannot tell anyone yet, this has to be kept a secret," He had a sort of sadness in his eyes.

"Why?" I asked him, why did our love have to become a secret?

He took in a long sigh, "The paparazzi are horrible people."

"So? I can stand them. It's their jobs to take picture of celebrities." I pursed my lips, I didn't like how Brendon didn't want to go public.

"My fanbase will send you a lot of hate," he whispered.

"What?" I was astounded by what he told me.

"They will send you hate," He looked away from me, and kept his gaze on the window with the passing windows.

"What the fuck do you mean. They are your fans, they're supposed to love and support you every step of the way. Goddamnit, if you fall in love with someone, they're supposed to be happy for you. You're not going to be a single bachelor forever!" I raised my voice and Brendon's gaze met mine.

"I know, and some fans will be happy, but the others won't," he said softly. He grabbed my hand and started tracing circles on the back of one with his finger.

"Those people irk me," I said stubbornly.

"It's okay, people always exist like that," he kept making circles with his fingers. The little movement calmed me down.

"I love you," I blurted. He stopped what he was doing and looked at me.

"What?" An expression of shock covered his face.

I slapped my hand across my forehead multiple times. He grabbed it forcefully and looked me intensely into the eyes.

"Never hurt yourself," He growled.

"I'm so fucking stupid!" I roared. I shouldn't have said, we had only been dating for not even an hour.

"You're not stupid, Mel," He placed a hand on my shoulder and I didn't like the mood in the air.

"I am, you don't love me," I looked down towards my feet.

"It's not that I don't love you, it's that we only just started dating, literally," He chuckled as if it was funny what happened. I felt my cheeks go red with anger and embarrassment.

"Forget what I said," I murmured. He pushed more hair back behind my other ear and placed two of his fingers on my chin, pushing my head up. He looked into my eyes.

"You're the most special thing to me," he whispered and I felt myself go weak. His words made me go weak with excitement.