13 | steady as she goes

I got home and Hal and my mom were surprised to see me back home. I told them what happened and Haley gave me a big hug and my mom went to get some icecream and chick-flick movies.

I carried my suitcase up the stairs and opened the door to my room.

Brendon's face sat smugly on my wall. Fuck Brendon Urie. I went up the poster and hit the wall with all my might. I wish I could give him the same bruise that he gave me. I ripped the poster off the wall and started to stomp on it. Ripping and crinkling and spreading across my room. I worked on the next few and Haley appeared at my door.

"What's all the noise?" she looked at the mess I made. "Oh my gosh."

"FUCK THIS PRICK," I roared and ripped a poster into two pieces.

"Mel!" Haley screamed in horror at my actions.

"What!" I turned around and looked her into the eyes. She was scared of me, scared of what I had done. I felt warm tears go down my face and I could barely see her through the blurriness. "Get out!"

"No! You're my best friend, you're my sister," She took a step into my room, and exhaled a breath that she was holding in.

"No, I'm a nobody!" I looked at the pieces of paper that littered my room and then back up at her. Pity shone on her face.

"He really did hurt you," She whispered.

"He never loved me," I murmured.

"But the lilac roses," she tried to compromise.

"All I create is chaos," I felt sobs building up in my chest.

"No, you don't, you create such a beauty in this world. What he did to you, it was unspeakable," She placed a hand on my back.

I took in a deep breath in and closed my eyes, "Let's go out tonight?"

"But," Haley hesitated.

"But what?" I responded quickly. I wiped my cheeks and gave her a smile.

"You're going through heartbreak, do you think this will be good for you?" Haley gave me a look of concern and I laughed.

"Fuck Brendon Urie, let's go to the club!" I picked up a slinky black dress from my closet.

"Mel, we're only eighteen," She looked down.

"So, if we put on the right amount of makeup and flirtation, we can get in anywhere. Don't be a prude," I teased her. "We also have those fake IDs that we got when we were sixteen."

"If this is what you want," She sighed heavily and looked through my closet for something to wear for herself.

"This is what I want," I went under my bed and got out a small red box. Inside the box was our fake IDs. They were quite convincing, we used to go clubbing when we were sixteen, but it got boring after a while.

I went over to my makeup desk and did some very dark eye makeup with my short black dress.

I did some simple curls for my hair

I did some simple curls for my hair. I looked at Haley and she grabbed a little blue dress. This dress would totally make her eyes pop.

 This dress would totally make her eyes pop

"Are you sure you want to do this," She whispered

"Are you sure you want to do this," She whispered. I looked at myself in the mirror and responded.

"Yes."

(Another short chapter, sorry :( . It's not like this is the last one though! )