9 | stop one

After we ate Brendon drove me home to grab some clothes quickly. He apparently already asked my mother last night, while Haley and I were dealing with the flowers he got me.

I packed my suitcase quickly and threw all of my belongings in it. I grabbed perfume and toiletries. I grabbed my stuffed bear, Mr. Cuddles.

I run downstairs to meet Brendon's arms awaiting me at the end of the staircase.

"I'm so happy you're coming with me," he whispered into my hair. His embrace was so warm and comforting, I felt like butter melting in his arms.

I didn't want to say the words but I did, "We got to get leaving if we're going to make it to your concert."

He held me tight for a few more moments and then released me. "Let's go." He took my suitcase from me and rolled it outside to his car.

I ran back inside and took a picture of the flowers he sent me on my phone. They were absolutely stunning. Maybe Haley was right, love at first sight. God, I would miss her. I sent her a quick text.

Mel: Brendon asked me to go on tour with him!

Hal: OMG! I'll miss you!

Mel: I'll miss you too!

She already knew that I would pick going on tour with Brendon. I was jumping in the car when I see a flash of bright light.

Paparazzi were sitting in the bushes in front of my house. I smiled and waved.

"Oh shit," Brendon whispered under his breath. Maybe he wasn't famous like Kim K, but every celeb had some degree of it.

"What?" I ask him. He quickly backs out of my driveway and speeds off. His driving make me scared, and I hadn't been before. "Brendon, calm down."

"I hate paparazzi!" He mutters. He looks in the review mirror to see if they're following us. No one is.

"Why?" I ask. I can understand getting annoyed with these people, but it's their jobs.

"They make up lies, they probably think we're dating," he has a bitter tone in his voice, I feel hurt.

"Well it wouldn't be so bad if we were," I muttered and he doesn't respond. The five hour long car ride was boring and just a few words were spoke.

This new Brendon scared me. I didn't want to be around him.

"Mel, I'm sorry," he holds my hand in his and rubs his thumb over the back of it.

"It's okay," I respond with a cold tone.

He could sense the awkward between us as he opened up his car door, and I quickly opened mine. We were in a venue and I looked around. It was interesting being behind the scenes.

"Do you want to come on stage or stay on my tour bus?" He asked me. I shrugged. The concert wasn't supposed to start for another three hours and people were lined up already.

"Mel," he embraced me and I could smell his cologne. I inhaled it while he held me close. "I'm sorry."

"I'll get over it, just don't snap at me," I whispered. I could feel his head nod against me and I instantly forgave him.

We waited on his tour bus while he practiced his vocals, it was truly amazing listening to him, watching him practice, watching the vein in his neck bulge when he sung his heart out. I found myself caress the side of his face with the back of my hand.

He smiled and his white teeth shone against his pink lips. He placed his hand on top of mine and I bit my lip, he noticed. He pursed his lips and I felt my cheeks go pink.

"Sorry," I squeaked. I thought I had pushed him too far. Obviously I had not, he placed his soft pink lips on my own set. The warmth pulsated throughout my body and I grabbed the back of his hair.

"Never apologize," He whispered against my lips before breaking off the kiss. I had my eyes closed while I felt his finger go over the brim of my lips. "I need to go."

When I opened my eyes, he was gone. I walked outside and watched him perform from the sidelines. He ran onstage and I could feel the excitement from the crowd, as I was one of his crowd goers the other day. I felt his raw vocals vibrate in my ears as my body vibrated from the acoustics against the buildings walls.

I felt myself sway with the music coming from his mouth. His voice was heaven in my ears. I was excited to listen to his voice everyday, every night. This tour was going to be amazing, with him.