15 | everything you want

I blinked twice and I was blinded by the bright lights. I was in my room, in my bed. Was last night a dream?

My head pounded. I felt sore all over my body. I felt tears start to fall from m my eyes.

Last night I was drugged and raped. I've heard stories of that happening, but I never thought it would happen to me. I looked at my bedside table and saw two Advil and a glass of water. I grabbed it and swallowed it quickly. I laid myself back down and saw a figure sitting in my chair.

"Brendon?" I whispered. He stirred in his sleep and his eyes fluttered open.

"Good morning, Beautiful," I felt my cheeks go red and he sat up straight.

"How are you here?" I asked him.

"You called," he sat on the end of my bed hesitantly.

"What?" I felt my cheeks go redder and I looked down. I didn't mean to call him.

"You called, I knew you were in trouble from what you said," he's voice was strained. "I called your mom, she wouldn't answer my calls at first."

"Yeah," I responded.

"I flew the first airplanes I could take, I needed to see you were okay," he placed his hand on my knee.

"Thanks," I responded feebly. He could sense the awkwardness, he removed his hand.

"I'm sorry, Mel," he whispered. He was crying again. "Forgive me."

"I don't know, I need time," I felt his tears hit my skin. He kissed my knees and rested his forehead afterward.

"As much time as you need," he said quietly. His hair was in his face, he didn't style it. I took a second look at him, he looked like like a mess. A hot mess, emphasis on hot. This look was sexy on him.

"He raped me," I whispered.

"Who?" He asked me. He looked up and placed his hand on my cheek, the bruise more prevalent without my makeup. He winced and had his hand retreat.

"This guy, he said his name was Drew," I started. "He gave me some drinks, they were drugged."

"Do you think that was his real name?" He growled.

"No, if he knew that he was going to do that, I doubt," I felt a tear fall from my eye.

"Are you okay?" Brendon asked. He held my hand and traced circles with his thumb.

"I don't know," I whispered. That was the honest truth, I didn't know if I was okay. I felt like crap. I felt emotionally and physically abused.

Brendon climbed in my bed and held me close to him, just how we used to sleep. It had only been a day and a half since I saw him, but I missed him. I loved him.

He kissed my head and whispered, "Melanie Elisabeth Taylor, I love you. I will always be here for you."

"Brendon," I started.

He held a finger to my lips and shushed me, "you need your sleep."

I nodded and closed my eyes.

....

Brendon's arms were still wrapped around me when I woke up. The alarm clock read that it was noon.

"Brendon," I shook him lightly. He shuttered in his sleep and he woke up.

"How are you feeling?" Were his first words.

"I'm okay," I looked into his chocolate orbs. "I forgive you."

"What?" He sat up.

"I forgive you, I love you. It was a mistake. Promise me that you'll never do it again," I whispered.

He kissed my lips softly, "I promise."

I snuggled closed when I realized something, "Don't you have a concert tonight?"

"Yeah," he scratched his head.

"You better get going if you're going to take a plane," I warned him. I secretly wished he wouldn't go.

"Come with me," he ran his fingertips over my arm, under them I got goosebumps.

"I just got back," I looked at his hands. He had such nice hands.

"It kills me I wasn't here to protect you," his voice was honest. "Come back, so what happened last night doesn't happen again."

I snuggled close and changed the subject, "Haley is mad at me."

"Why?" He sounded so concerned, I knew he cared.

"I was a bitch last night," I grumbled.

"You were upset," he tucked some hair behind my ear.

"I think she hates me," I murmured.

"She could not hate you, Mel," he stated. "Just give her some time."

I nodded and kissed Brendon. We were going to start over and do this thing right.