21 | death of a bachelor

-one year later-

I looked down at my dress. The white fabric embraced my body with a comfortable hug. My engagement ring shone bright. The mirror reflected my beauty, inner and outer. My hair was perfect, my dress was perfect, I felt perfect. My soon to be husband, my heart started to pitter-patter as I thought of Brendon. He promised he take care of me and he did. He listened to my cries every night for three months, until the pain stopped. Well it never stopped, it's just a scar of a memory. I missed my unborn son, and the thought of something he could've been, but it wasn't time for us to have children. I know that now.

I was 21, getting married at 21 some people say that's too early, but it felt so right. When you meet the perfect person and you know, you know.

I twirled around in the mirror and I never think I've ever felt as confident as I felt in this moment. I looked at my face in the mirror, a smile was bursting with my white teeth and I could feel my face begin to get sore. Everything was completely perfect.

(The dress, not the hair)

I'm not an over the top person, but Brendon wanted our wedding to be a simply magical experience. He chose everything, he chose the venue, he chose the decorations. Since he had chosen everything, I had seen nothing. It was all going to be a surprise for me.

I heard a knock at the door, "Are you ready?"

I turned around slowly and it was as if the world moved in slow motion, a truly magical moment as my dress moved with me.

"Oh my gosh," my mother said in a whisper I could only just hear.

"What?" I asked, worried. Did she not like the dress?

"You're look absolutely beautiful," she squealed. I felt an immediate sense of calmness.

"Thank you!" I ran towards her as fast as I could with my heels, which wasn't very fast at all. I embraced my mother in a hug and she kissed the top of my head.

"I'm so proud of you," she whispered into my ear. I rocked her side to side in her warm, comforting hug. "Let's go."

My father was never in my life so he definitely wasn't going to walk me down the aisle.

I closed my eyes as my mom walked me to the area where I was going to walk down. I heard piano music playing and I opened my eyes when we were at a halt.