18 | flashy jewelry

"Brendon, that's too big," I felt the weight of the diamond on my finger.

"You deserve the best," he eagerly looked in the container of rings. "That one!"

"This one, Sir?" The snobbish woman asked.

"Yes! The one with the heart!" His eyes shone with excitement.

"Brendon, what about this one?" I asked. The ring I was looking at was simple. It had a diamond and had a couple smaller next to it.

(The ring, sorry for crappy quality

(The ring, sorry for crappy quality.)

"It's beautiful, absolutely stunning, just like you," his eyes got wide and he came up to embrace me. I hugged him back.

"We're going to get married," I stated aloud.

"Jesus Christ," he responded.

"Who would've ever thought?" I asked.

"I would like to see that ring on my fiancée," he informed the woman. He grabbed my hand in his and reluctantly gave it to the ring sizer.

"Here you go," She gave me the ring to try on. Perfect fit.

"When will it be ready?" I asked eagerly. I wanted to wear the ring as soon as possible.

"Next week," She responded. "The down payment-" and I stopped listening. Brendon already said that he'd take care of it. I looked around other cases of rings and was pleased with myself with the one I had chosen. It was far most the beautiful one here.

"Are you happy?" Brendon came up behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist. I felt his chin rest on my shoulder and I sighed happily.

"Of course," I informed him, and he seemed pleased with my answer.

He kissed my neck and returned to the process of ordering the ring.

Me, Melanie Taylor was going to be Melanie Urie in an amount of time. I thought of something I had never really thought about before. The wedding. Would it be big? Would it be small? Would it have his immediate family and mine? Would my mom even want to come, she doesn't approve of Brendon anymore. Would Haley even come? I looked at my phone and it read no new messages. I had sent her a couple and tried to call a couple times but everything was ignored.

"What's wrong?" Brendon came over and wiped a tear away from my eye, that I had no idea that was there.

"Haley," I responded. He nodded.

"Forget about her, she's not even bothering to text you back," he set a hand on my shoulder.

"She's my best friend," I hesitated, "was my best friend."

"Well that's her loss, I think you're a wonderful girl. You deserve the world, Mel," he cooed into my ear. I instantly forgot about being upset.

"I love you," I wrapped my arms around neck and he responded with wrapping his own around my waist.